Johnson Controls - JCI is a place were professional growth is possible. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Johnson Controls

"JCI is a place were professional growth is possible."

Current Employee - Production Supervisor in Columbia, TN
Current Employee - Production Supervisor in Columbia, TN

Pros

The pay is better than most.

Cons

The instability is leaves something to be desired.

Advice to Management

Senior Management should communicate more. As employees we should know about the changes that effect our lifes before they are aired on the local news.

Other Employee Reviews for Johnson Controls

1. "Great benefits and that's about it."

Current Employee - Controls Technician in Alexandria, VA
    Current Employee - Controls Technician in Alexandria, VA

Pros

Its a large corporation. Many opportunities exist within the company, I have heard about people changing careers within JCI. They moved from a technical job to sales. Many locations to relocate to. Excellent benefits.

Cons

The office I worked in had very poor communication. The branch as a whole was severely undermanned. There was a very high turnover rate in the Alexandria branch leading to multiple problems.

Advice to Management

Provide better initial training. I started working at JCI and within 2 weeks I was sent to jobs by myself with no idea of what I was doing. 2 Weeks!

2. "JCI fosters development, and "ingenuity", and in return gives outgoing employees very good wages, benefits and praise."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL

Pros

JCI provides an opportunity to grow and develop both within the company and with secular education compensation. The Building Efficiency portion of the company is divided into two close but individual parts, service and systems. The service portion of the division is aimed at providing specialized solutions to customers problems - whatever they may be. As in the rest of the industry, things move more slowly. On the other hand, the Systems side, the installation side, the side I work for, the work is by far faster paced, and exciting. Well deserved praise and recognition flows freely, and within the branch organization, one feels like they are part of a family. This is one of the best parts of working for JCI. Coworkers are friendly, and are quick with support in most any way one needs it. Support from Corporate, is easily accessible, and the voices on the other end of the phone are, for lack of a better description, happy.

Cons

As long as employees are performing, they are allowed to continuing to do things the way they always have. Training on new products and tools is required, but often difficult to foster once the training session is over, unless an employee is self motivated. Employees are expected to execute installation projects on schedule, and much of the time an employee can succeed in different ways, many prefer the "work smarter" ethos, others still, prefer the "work harder" way. The unfortunate fact is that the latter are often easier to come by, and with a company continually striving to grow and dominate, people reluctant to change would be better off somewhere else. Employees are kept happy, often to complacency. Future employees should consider that the company is a living thing, and is moving quickly, be expecting change. A motto often heard is: If you don't like something, wait, it will change.

Advice to Management

My co-workers and supervisors are really the best group of people I have ever worked with, anywhere. The work keeps me challenged. I am actually proud to work for Johnson Controls, even if most people I talk to have no idea what Johnson Controls does.