Johnson Controls - Rewarding | Glassdoor

"Rewarding"

Former Employee - Finance Project Coordinator in Milwaukee, WI
Former Employee - Finance Project Coordinator in Milwaukee, WI

I worked at Johnson Controls full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Treated with respect, integrity and honest communication are valued, good opportunities for advancement, you just need to be proactive, rewards and recognizes hard work

Cons

If you are at a smaller location it's harder to network with other individuals in other parts of the company. Large corporate environment, you can feel like a number.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees, they have good insight on what's happening within their team and within the organization

Other Employee Reviews for Johnson Controls

1. "Former employee"

I have been working at Johnson Controls full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Benefits and compensation i cant complain about

Cons

Staff reduction then overwhelming people to the point of exaustion with multiple assignments.. They place their expectations way too high then burn you on your reveiw if you cannot meet thier standards. Many some people would not take jobs when JCI came on board, then many either resigned or retired after they started. I spoke to a job coach after i was laid off and she said Johnson Controls roll over rate is high and she has coached many former JCI employees who were let go. Most said they were let go due to "annual budget projections", case in point, JCI has no clue what they are doing.

Advice to Management

Only so much straw can be piled on the camels back before it breaks. I have seen alot of good people that I have known for years become completely stressed when JCI came on board and left for other jobs. I had no problems when consulting for other companies for 11 years while supporting the same Pharmecutical firm. The only benefit was the compensation after I was laid off. And the benefits were good. Remember the culture should be about people, not about money!!I

"Sales Engineer"

Current Employee - Sales Engineer in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Sales Engineer in Houston, TX

I have been working at Johnson Controls full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Excellent local/mid-level management- geared toward developing their employees and the business. Strong values and positive atmosphere in the office.

Cons

While it is beneficial to have a growing line card to provide a greater scope of work, the sales force knows less about the products they are selling. This in turn causes more mistakes and less of a true value to all customers.