Johnson Controls - Great Growth Potential & Work Never Goes Unnoticed | Glassdoor
  1. "Great Growth Potential & Work Never Goes Unnoticed"

Current Employee - Service Coordinator in Addison, IL

I have been working at Johnson Controls full-time for more than a year

Pros

I've rarely been praised for my hard work in my past roles, but here I am always being complimented and thanked where it's due. It's great to know you are valued and to work alongside genuinely supportive managers who want you to succeed and grow.

Cons

Communication can definitely be improved, both within and between departments.

Advice to Management

Keep aligning yourself with the values of the company and striving for the best customer service on every front.

Johnson Controls2019-11-11
  1. "JCI great place to work"

Former Employee - Senior Prototype Technician in Plymouth, MI

I worked at Johnson Controls full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great company! Great benefits!Took care of employees.

Cons

They spun us off and created Adient.

Advice to Management

Ge back into automotive

Johnson Controls2019-08-19

"No Clarity / Small Bonus Plans"

Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at Johnson Controls full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Decent Culture Safety Minded Company

Cons

Low pay compared to competitors in the market. Unclear expectations - not receiving business plans until almost 1/2 way into fiscal year. Company avoids compensating current talent to come to market parity. Will offer comparable compensation to new hires.

Advice to Management

I'm not sure if the bonuses structures and programs are driven by senior management, but this aspect needs to be addressed. -Provide a clear way for managers to track their performance towards their annual bonus. -Do not include "potential bonus" in total compensation when most managers who are highly rated have not received a full bonus in years. -Potential new managers, your bonuses are measured off the... companies performance across the nation and not just your area. You can manage your area very successfully but still be penalized by the company for other areas. -Start compensating managers that are on board the same way you would with a new hire with all other factors being equal. -Company has many layers to that prohibit ensuring talent is receiving the correct compensation unless the talent comes from an outside source.

Johnson Controls2019-12-06

Discover more reviews about Johnson Controls.