Johnson Controls - Chaotic | Glassdoor

"Chaotic"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Largo, FL
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Largo, FL

Pros

Great coworkers. Benefits and holidays. If you like working long hours (50) and don't get expected to be paid. Johnson Controls Largo is it.

Cons

Mad house to work in. Very Chaotic. No family life. You are expected to work 50 hours or plus hours.

Advice to Management

Change you plant leadership. This place will shutdown due to management and technical incompetence.

Other Employee Reviews for Johnson Controls

"Bad company, false promises, little direction depressing."

Former Employee - Account Executive in Whittier, CA
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Whittier, CA

Pros

Some nice people work for the company.

Cons

Bad training, they tell you that there is a 2 year plan with opportunity to make money and advance then they change there mind with in a couple of months and it's all gloom and doom. They tell you that you will get a mentor and it never happens. They put you through 4 months of training and count those 4 months agents you for not making sales. They have a computer program called Nexgen that is a joke it never works and is super confusing.They don't give you a car allowance or very little for a car allowance. They claim to have high ethics and safety but their full of it it's all talk. Middle management has no back bone they are out to CYA and will not back you. Really think twice before going to work for these clowns as a sales person they put tons of obstacles in the way of making sales.

Advice to Management

Be truthful, help people, don't be so concerned about CYA and don't do group lay offs. At least give people the dignity to have a personal one on one meeting. I did not need to see good people cry and heart broken. That was a coward move have some class.

2. "Selfishness and Politics is all what I was surrounded with"

Current Employee - Infrastructure Tools Administrator in Holland, MI
    Current Employee - Infrastructure Tools Administrator in Holland, MI

Pros

It depends who do you work for and with, they may make you feel home and more than welcomed, or they may micro-manage your breath in order for him/her to get promoted.

I worked for several years there where I enjoyed every moment I spent at JCI. In my first role, I grew up a lot. However, once I moved to a corporate role, my manager was all about "himself". More than happy yo throw you under the bus, in order for him to shine... So, mixed feelings.

Cons

Again, if you work for the Corporate Department, expect crazy politics and unprofessional behavior from some of the leadership.

Advice to Management

I would offer the leadership a course to learn some manners and respect, and understand how to appreciate people's talents and efforts.