Johnson & Johnson - job opportunities | Glassdoor

"job opportunities"

Current Employee - Project Manager in Chennai (India)
Current Employee - Project Manager in Chennai (India)

I have been working at Johnson & Johnson part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

this company has very good job opportunities and skilled labors are working in an organisation

Cons

due to some share market losses it has quite slow down

Advice to Management

management must improve their facilities and give higher salaries in the company

Other Employee Reviews for Johnson & Johnson

1. "Outstanding Benefits"

I have been working at Johnson & Johnson full-time (More than a year)

Pros

J&J provides great benefits to employees.

Cons

Because it's very dynamic, you have to be extremely adaptable and flexible.

Advice to Management

Continue your annual employee surveys (pulse and credo). They are perfect tools to find out more about what employees think about the company.

2. "Eye Opening Co-op"

Pros

Really good experience, great resume builder, learned a lot to help and progress my business career. Worked with new software and became more familiar with current ones.

Cons

Constantly micro managed. Had a very inexperienced manager who needed to be told how every report and document worked and after spending hours with her explaining something she should already know she would go to upper management and say we were not being "efficient with our time." Completely ruined the first business job opportunity I had, was extremely unprofessional. Johnson and Johnson is also over a billion dollar company, when the recession was real bad one of the first cuts they made was saying Co-ops could no longer be paid for overtime hours. For a college student $19/hr is a handsome fee, especially when every single week you're working about 50 hours and those 10 hours are time and a half. Making $19/hr was no where near what entry level employees make, we were paid less than anybody and we got overtime taken away. Any hour over 40 would not be compensated at all. At the end of the 7 month co-op there were over 10 seniors in college working there, not a single one was offered an interview. I was not a senior at the time. These people worked so hard, stayed overtime when they weren't being paid even though we all took night classes and didn't even get an interview. Which proves that J&J was simply using us for cheap recyclable labor with absolutely no intent of hiring anyone, at least at World Headquarters that's how it was.

Advice to Management

Be professional, you teach co-ops a lot, don't treat them like trash at the end of it.