Johnson & Johnson - it was great | Glassdoor

"it was great"

Current Employee - Product Manager in New York, NY
Current Employee - Product Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Johnson & Johnson full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

the staffs are really friendly and caring about each other and the salary was OK I guess and they work with schedules..

Cons

the hours working are tiring and you must work the complete time in order to get salary and if you are more than 5 minutes late the salary is cutted

Advice to Management

you should show more appreciation to costumers

Other Employee Reviews for Johnson & Johnson

1. "Great Company! IT Contractor at Corporate Shared Services New Brunswick, NJ"

Current Contractor - IT Analyst in New Brunswick, NJ
    Current Contractor - IT Analyst in New Brunswick, NJ

I have been working at Johnson & Johnson as a contractor (More than 3 years)

Pros

Managers seem to care how employees are doing, will let contractors work during the holidays for extra pay even when they know there isn't any work to do so that they can make extra money for themselves and their family. A company that seems to care about its employees. You can see it with their credo, work/life programs like yoga, a fitness center, stress reduction programs, time off for maternity leave, diverse hiring of employees, food provided during holidays if you are working there,...etc. You also have a company store with 50% off compared to JnJ consumer products you buy at a retail store. Friendly employees. Also, when they lay people off here, corporate HR and managers try the very best to find these laid off people within the company to fill positions or even lower level positions with in JnJ. Thats the culture here. I have heard of many directors getting laid off only to take a lower level position as a senior manager with less salary. Hey, thats what JnJ is all about: they take care of their own employees.

Cons

Very hard to get a position as a full time employee. If your in college about to graduate, it is easier. JnJ likes to hire young people straight out of college under and graduate, and they want these people to work themselves up to higher positions. that is their hiring hr philosophy. Its such a nice work atmosphere there that people work their whole lives straight out of college that they can get away with this strategy. So, if your like me who didn't get hired into JNJ out of college and are looking for a senior manager job (which 95% of the time they hire an inside JnJ person to fill it) it is very difficult to get into this company. Only other con I think of is the food is'nt that great at Johnson Hall in New Brunswick and local subsidiary affiliates. Aramark, the food service, vendor only goes all out in quality in the corporate world headquarters and 410 george street. For all other locations the food is stale and disgusting. So, JnJ needs to be consistent over all their locations in quality food.

Advice to Management

Try to hire more outside employees that are not straight out of college. Maybe you think those type of people are easier to train and grow within but outside employees can also adapt and learn and grow within JnJ.

2. "My job is very rewarding knowing that I am playing a part in saving lives."

Current Employee - Express Care Assistant in Memphis, TN
    Current Employee - Express Care Assistant in Memphis, TN

I have been working at Johnson & Johnson full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

helping others, quality of product,

Cons

product recall,not very many opportunities to change work hours

Advice to Management

with team work there is nothing we cant accomplish