Johnson & Johnson - Wonderful place to work in-name only | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Johnson & Johnson

"Wonderful place to work in-name only"

Current Employee - Mfg Engineer in Irwindale, CA
Current Employee - Mfg Engineer in Irwindale, CA

I have been working at Johnson & Johnson full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Name recognition. This place took off after JNJ bought out Biowebster. Great place to put on your resume. Great selling point to land the next career. Products are mature, though still have low mfg yield & serious compliant issues.

Cons

All co's have office politics but this place ranks near the ocean floor but still beat SpongeBob SquarePant. Stay low-key unless they call your name out. Dont complain. Just do the minimum not to get fired. The lobby is so tight; I am embarassed to show where I work to my networking suppliers. I could smell anti-perspirants or deodorants from visitors as soon as they walk in. Great for winters as it creates cozy & warm atmosphere:):):). The culture here is NO CHANGE. Dont fight with the old-timer big boys. They will find ways to get rid of you, F/T or contract making no difference. H.R ppl here are non-existent or useless. They never hear from you & you dont want to hear from them.

Advice to Management

Ask our Post office employees. They give some good advices on how to run a business:):):)

Other Employee Reviews for Johnson & Johnson

"Good work life balance"

Pros

For anyone who wants a stable and balanced work schedule. People are very professional and family oriented.

Cons

Lack speed, agility and innovation.

"Difficult company for contractors"

Current Contractor - IT Consultant in Raritan, NJ
    Current Contractor - IT Consultant in Raritan, NJ

I have been working at Johnson & Johnson as a contractor (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good resume builder, interesting projects

Cons

Like many companies, J & J is going to "leased employees". But as a general rule, these employees are treated as second class citizens. Little opportunity to get a permanent job, no training opportunities presented, exclusion from any company "fun" occasions. But still expected to have the same dedication as the "real' employees. For long-term contractors, this can be difficult.

Advice to Management

Be more inclusive of your contractors.