Johnson & Johnson - J&J is a great place to build a long-term career. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Johnson & Johnson

"J&J is a great place to build a long-term career."

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Fort Washington, PA
Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Fort Washington, PA

I have been working at Johnson & Johnson full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

The people are by far the best part of working here. Very collaborative culture, smart people working together to move the business forward.

Cons

Decentralized structure is a pro and a con. On the positive, high level visibility to senior management, and ability to make decisions early on in your career . On the negative, decentralized structure may cause delays in decision making, or budget prioritization.

Other Employee Reviews for Johnson & Johnson

1. "Small company feel, big company problems"

Former Intern - Finance Co-Op in Fort Washington, PA
    Former Intern - Finance Co-Op in Fort Washington, PA

I worked at Johnson & Johnson as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

I worked in a small consumer products business unit within JNJ for 7-8 months as a Finance Co-op.

The co-op position was very structured with weekly, monthly, and quarterly responsibilities. There is alot of opportunity to get involved in many things outside of your day to day responsibilities. I got the opportunity to present to the National sales director a few times a month and take over all of my supervisors responsibilities.

There is a lot of training for co-ops such as email etiquette, resume workshops, career advice, mentoring, networking, SAP, excel training ect

You get meaningful work

Leadership opportunity if you want it enough

There is a Co-op organization (that I led) that puts on community service, professional development, and social events.

Great Resume builder

Cons

Half way through my co-op the company restructured and a lot of people were layed off in our business unit. My supervisor was directly impacted and was moved to a different business unit within JNJ. I had to pick up a lot of extra work and then transition parts of it to other Analysts.

This business unit in particular was about a mile or two down the road from the main campus and if you didn't make a strong effort to reach out to others you could be forgotten.

Despite lots of hard work and even receiving a leadership award I wasn't recommended to interview for a full-time role due to the limited number of opportunities that year (i.e the restructure) You are ranked on a bell curve against all of the co-ops. It a very political atmosphere. There is not a lot loyalty to their employees. A lot of analysts that I continue to talk with have moved on to other companies. The company creedo isn't truly as focused on as they say.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees with more respect and loyalty and place them into roles that challenge their skills and abilities.

2. "Good pay but you work for it."

I worked at Johnson & Johnson full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good pay, medical and benefits.

Cons

Poor work life balance. Always working.