Journeys - It is what you make it | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Journeys

"It is what you make it"

Current Employee - Store Manager in Detroit, MI
Current Employee - Store Manager in Detroit, MI

I have been working at Journeys full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Well pros for this job are endless. If you are a manager or a seasoned part time employee you have your district managers number and can call or text him/or her whenever you have a problem or a question. You get benifits if full time which include paid vacations. Most the people who complain about this job or get fired just aren't good people or are just bitter because they either stole something or ran their store in to the ground. Of course you are going to get fired and yeah dms make promises they cant always keep but they try their best. I have ran a store up and ran a store down but even when i did bad they didn't just fire me they put me in a position to get back on my feet and on a winning team so i can get another shot at running a store. My employees and other managers are closer to me than my family they are their for me and i am there for them. Its better than a team, its a family and a wild one we have our share of fights but you get passed that. If you are passionate and driven you can go as far as you want 100% of the store and district managers were promoted from within and headquarters is close to that its a great job just say yes. You can bonus if your doing well and wear whatever you want look however you.want and act like whoever you are its not a cookie cutter job

Cons

You work a lot and in the summer sales are down but get over it and just wait till back to school and christmas you will make money

Advice to Management

Help co managers make more money... I know your giving them the chance to bonus but just pay them a little bit more please

Other Employee Reviews for Journeys

1. "Its not ideal to work here, if you want to have a life outside of work...."

Current Employee - Co Manager in Greenwood, IN
    Current Employee - Co Manager in Greenwood, IN

I have been working at Journeys full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

If your great at selling, you have the chance to make tons of money. Co workers are great to work with. There is no dress code as far as what I've seen.

Cons

They make you work 55+ hours a week for mangers positions. with only one day off. You can get fired for not meeting sops. which is how many socks and multi pairs of shoes you sell. they expect you to be there unless your dying or you just quit.

Advice to Management

Give mangers and co mangers more than one day off. And stop firing, and demoting people because they cant meet they're sop's.

2. "Horrid Experience"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Schaumburg, IL
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Schaumburg, IL

I worked at Journeys part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

40% off
    Co-workers
    Laid back dress code

Cons

Very low pay
    Demanding hours
    Pushing sales (even when customer wants an exact product)
    Uppers treat you like trash, we did everything as they stood and talked
    No respect

Advice to Management

Lend a hand, communicate better, pay attention to employees and needs.