Juniper Networks - Simply put, Juniper is the best company I have ever worked for. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Juniper Networks

"Simply put, Juniper is the best company I have ever worked for."

Current Employee - Technical Support Engineer in Sunnyvale, CA
Current Employee - Technical Support Engineer in Sunnyvale, CA

Pros

Simply put, Juniper is the best company I have ever worked for. Juniper places a high emphasis on its employee satisfaction and allows the individual to maintain a good work/life balance. Juniper is also highly customer focused which is how it should be. Pay and benefits are highly competitive if not better and management (at least my manager) is always looking out for the best interests of each team member. Opportunities to grow and advance are excellent and the overall environment is collaborative and often fun. What more could you ask from an employer?

Cons

Onsite perks are not as extensive as some in the Valley, but that is a very minor complaint. Truth is onsite perks are actually much better than most places. Also there is some contention between various teams within Juniper which I think stems from the several acquisitions that Juniper has made over the past few years. But in the end I think most teams do colloborate successfully.

Advice to Management

Perhaps find more ways to break down some walls between BUs. I see some of that happening now, but we still have some ways to go on that.

Other Employee Reviews for Juniper Networks

1. ":)"

Current Employee - MTS3 in Sunnyvale, CA
    Current Employee - MTS3 in Sunnyvale, CA

Pros

i like the congeneal atmosphere

Cons

it has poor middle management

Advice to Management

It should revamp middle management

"Good place, but room for improvement on development side."

Current Employee - Staff Engineer in Sunnyvale, CA
    Current Employee - Staff Engineer in Sunnyvale, CA

Pros

The company is fairly stable, even in the current economic downturn.

Cons

Software development processes are lacking in many ways, senior management often makes odd choices in tools to use and imposes them even when the majority of engineers object and offer better solutions. Likewise suggestions about adjustments to processes are mostly ignored. Main problem seems to be that the first-line managers don't dare to bring the suggestions upward.

Advice to Management

Examine the performance of first-line managers, especially how much they listen to the senior engineer staffs recommendations.