Juniper Networks - Opportunity squandered | Glassdoor

"Opportunity squandered"

Former Employee - Director in Sunnyvale, CA
Former Employee - Director in Sunnyvale, CA

I worked at Juniper Networks full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Wonderful physical location with a positive culture. Great products with tremendous potential to deposition the 800 pound gorilla. Great work/life balance and if you are in with the right group, you have it made.

Cons

Fantastic company that has been completely mismanaged by refugees from MSFT and Nortel. For the past two years, there has been a long litany of 'rearranging people' so rather than being a technology company, they have become an HR company. Juniper really took many steps back by bringing in fat cats from "failed comanies" to run the show. This created an attitude of complacency where mediocrity and management by checkbox is rampant amongst senior management.

Advice to Management

Time for a house cleaning. Bring back Scott and others that cared about the company and the people that worked there. Unfortunately, the good people are in exodus en-masse and you dont even realize it. Note to executive management....all of your "report cards" are not helping the company. Put your resumes up on linked in and let Juniper heal from your reign.

Other Employee Reviews for Juniper Networks

"Great Company / Bad Politics"

Former Employee - Prefer Not to State in Sunnyvale, CA
    Former Employee - Prefer Not to State in Sunnyvale, CA

I worked at Juniper Networks full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Juniper has excellent salaries and can be a great working environment with wonderful coworker!

Cons

There are a few bad apples in managerial positions at this company and if you get on their bad side they can hurt your career and tarnish your reputation. When I left the company, I was under the impression that what I saw and experience was isolated. Yet, since my departure I've met others who were treated unfairly and not supported by HR. I don't think this experience is limited to Juniper but proceed carefully if you step into a visible role in this company.

Advice to Management

Do more to help worker advance and get out from underneath managers who have are undermining careers. You're loosing good people! Also, consider creating a mentoring culture to protect the investment in your people.

2. "place to be in for networking"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Sunnyvale, CA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Sunnyvale, CA

I have been working at Juniper Networks full-time (More than a year)

Pros

great technical talent. friendly employees. once upon a time a place to be in for networking

Cons

not so good mgmt strategy. no longer a place to be in for networking. if u r smart enuf, u can navigate

Advice to Management

stick with projects do not can them