Juniper Networks - Review headline | Glassdoor

"Review headline"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Pros

It's a great company to work with. People are very smart and being treated with respect.

Cons

People work a lot there number of PTO days could be more than what we have now.

Advice to Management

no advice

Other Employee Reviews for Juniper Networks

"Changing, in a bad way"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Pros

Juniper had, and some pockets within the company still do, a culture of innovation. I know a lot of fun, intelligent people there.

Cons

Of late, curmudgeons from dithering companies have come into the company esp. in the mgmt. The worst of the lot are these senior managers from Extreme. There they did a piss poor of the business; and they have brought that political, reward suck-ups, little league coach mentality to Juniper too. They spend more time correcting the tense/grammar in product presentations and choosing names of programs, than on what we do as a business.

Advice to Management

Get rid of these losers from Extreme that have somehow been hired into the the company. Weak choice and will make the company fractious and ineffective.

"You might be lucky, if your exit strategy is to smash and grab. Get your training, your certs, do a little time, and GO!"

Current Employee - Technical Support Engineer in Ogden, UT
    Current Employee - Technical Support Engineer in Ogden, UT

Pros

They have pretty good initial training.

Cons

Some engineers working support ... are quite a stretch. I am dumbfounded at how some of these people were accepted for hire.

Advice to Management

I know they hold regular surveys, but if you expect anyone to actually believe your survey is anonymous, how stupid do you think we are, when you ask us to take the survey again and again?

I heard someone say "catbert" regarding to human resources, and now I know why it is true for this local business unit.

I think the situation would be far different in Sunnyvale, if they could offer proper compensation. Look at your profit margins. Do you think one soul alone is responsible for these busting returns? Get a grip, and trying paying people what they're worth. You might actually find some that are happy to stay.