Juniper Networks - dying away from innovation, people fighting for their interests first, then company | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Juniper Networks

"dying away from innovation, people fighting for their interests first, then company"

Pros

easy going, life work balance
reasonable pay

Cons

shameless people hide their problems, fighting off serious and honest people
managers care more about being safe and their positions than about products and company growth

Other Employee Reviews for Juniper Networks

"Great case study on how to run a company into the ground. So bad I wrote a JNPR white paper to refer to on my new role."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

I worked at Juniper Networks full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

There are still some really good engineers and sales people at Juniper, but they will all be gone in a few months.

Cons

Worst IT department I have ever seen. Constant problem with virus and malware getting into the company. IT is useless in these cases, and will blank the employees hard drive. Network constantly going down. (Yes, this is supposed to be a network security company.)

How many VPs of HR do you need? Just curious? Because I counted 6-7. Dozens of HR Directors.

Bloated accross the board in every department except engineering. Good people leaving every day. Bad people getting promoted.

Juniper has nearly 100 VPs and around 900+ directors. The company has fewer than 10000 employees. You do the math.

Security BU is a wreck.

Advice to Management

Leave. Just LEAVE.

(Thanks Kevin, for being the first. Oh, and thanks CMO for leaving as well. Back to another dead company I see.)

Senior managmenet is all from (with very very few expections) from dying companies.

For years, Juniper's CMO was a person who came in from Nortel. Are you kidding me??!?!?!?
    Kids, why don't you all take a look at Nortel stock right now, OK?

2. "Software Engineer"

Pros

not bad company at all

Cons

not as good as other companies