Juniper Networks - Just be satisfied with the Pay !! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Juniper Networks

"Just be satisfied with the Pay !!"

I have been working at Juniper Networks full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The only good factor is that the company is a Good pay master but that's it..

Cons

Lack of opportunities to expand knowlede area / key focus area
Management lacks direction but expects huge committment and workmanship from Employees
Good Managers are around but depends on the process you are hired for.. Just cross your fingers before joining !

Advice to Management

All professionals need some direction and motivation.. Just don't wait until there is fire to douse..
Work/Life balance of employees are hampered through disorganized activities and needs attention !

Other Employee Reviews for Juniper Networks

"Emperor has no clothes"

Current Employee - Marketing in Sunnyvale, CA
    Current Employee - Marketing in Sunnyvale, CA

I have been working at Juniper Networks full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The new buildings look nice. On the surface it seems sparkly and high end.

Cons

1. The IT department is the worst in the industry. We lose 25% of our productivity due to IT mishaps and poor execution. The CIO is condescending and belligerent on internal social forums.

I know people who have left Juniper based on how incompetent our IT support it. Everything that can be done wrong, is done wrong.

2. The leadership team has a "all for me, and me for me" philosophy. They do only what is in the best interest of themselves personally. There are 2 or 3 VPs in the company who are authentic and talented. The rest are in it as solo artists, trying to make a name for themselves and vie for the biggest budgets and raises. They say one thing and do something else. And they only do what makes each of them look good.

3. Decisions are made and changed with the wind. There is not a systematic and clear strategy. Every 9 weeks the leadership team loses it's attention span and changes the plan. Organizational ADHD.

The latest org change has been a travesty. The VPs horse traded and groups were moved arbitrarily and flip flopped many times. After several months it is not working and we have emperors new clothes syndrome. Everyone has to play along.

Advice to Management

1. Get a new CIO ASAP.

2. Collapse your VP layer. They are bringing this company down.

3. Bring in a change management expert and please listen and learn.

"A great company overall"

Former Employee - Engineer in Sunnyvale, CA
    Former Employee - Engineer in Sunnyvale, CA

I worked at Juniper Networks full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Senior technical community is very open and friendly, nice new campus and good cafeteria, the compensation/salary is competitive and the benefits are great, solid products in routing and switching businesses.

Cons

A few significant failed investments/projects gave the company big troubles, and org shaking-up keep happening at all levels and no signs of turning around for the security businesses ...

Advice to Management

Hope the new CEO can make the right changes/decisions to capture the opportunity in the right market/industry, especially fix the problems in the leadership team of security business org.