JustAnswer - Solving problems no one else does | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for JustAnswer

"Solving problems no one else does"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at JustAnswer full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Super smart colleagues, great location, flexible work hours, challenging work that forces you to use your mind every day. No one else has succeeded in this space or gotten as large as Pearl has (even a Google competitor folded a few months back). A truly fun place to work.

Cons

Arguing is commonplace, because everyone cares deeply about what they're doing - and there's no predecessor to show the "right" way of doing things. The company should really be more strict on the experts/professionals; I ask questions myself on the site and some of them are seriously terrible - saying terrible things to customers, to staff. Good strides forward on that though - going in the right place

Advice to Management

I'm actually GLAD some of the C-level staff has left; they were poisonous to the culture and values you are trying to promote. Thanks for sticking true to your vision and acting with integrity.

Other Employee Reviews for JustAnswer

"I am never bored!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at JustAnswer full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Tons of growth opportunity...lots of promotion from within
    Passionate teams working on interesting problems
    Coming from a big company, I can't believe what we get done in a day here

Cons

Not a lot of internal structure for development, (you can get left behind if you don't speak up)
    Managers are tactical as well as leaders so not a lot of time for mentoring etc.

Advice to Management

Despite all these changes and some big challenges, all of the managers mean well. I think there have been more positive changes over the last few months than I've seen in all the years I've been here. Keep up the good work!

"This company is a ship in a storm without a Captain!"

Current Employee - Customer Care Agent in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Customer Care Agent in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at JustAnswer full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Reasonable compensation, if you can put up with the BS. A little remote location considering the options in the area; sort of like a prison in many ways.

Cons

Management won't listen to problems with the business--false advertising, bait and switch tactics with customers, total lack of concern or respect for the experts who earn ALL the income for the whole company.

Advice to Management

Be honest and up front about fees to our customers and feedback ratings for experts...you KNOW there are no "free" or $1 answers and you know there is no real "unlimited question" plan offered...it is a great business; no need for the deceptions--and you also know the data is manipulated to keep from paying experts the percentage you offer them when they agree to do the work.