K-Designers - Great idea - poorly executed. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for K-Designers

"Great idea - poorly executed."

Former Employee - Marketing Director in West Valley City, UT
Former Employee - Marketing Director in West Valley City, UT

Pros

They are the first in-home home improvement company that followed through with what they tell their customers they will do.

Cons

1. Bizarre compensation program - tiered so that the more volume you generate, the more they pay you. Problem is that it isn't any easier/harder the more you do.
2. Bizarre appointment sets. Less than 20% of the appointments they set did the homeowner truly agree to the appointment. Usually they committed just to get the telemarketers off the phone.
3. Bizarre ledger process. Reminded me of the "company store" setups that I learned about in high school. They make sure that anything they can charge their reps for, they do.
4. Pricing to client is significantly higher than competition. Their products and service are great, but I don't know that they are 30% better than their competition.
5. Initially I liked the sales approach as a Marketing Director. Unfortunately, the way the sales process is set up the rep quickly goes from being a marketing director to either pushy salesman or begging salesman. I ended up feeling like the stereotypical sales character in the Simpsons.

Advice to Management

1. Simplify
2. Fully support the Marketing Director concept or drop it.

Other Employee Reviews for K-Designers

1. "Crash course in Sales, good for newbie"

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor
    Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I worked at K-Designers as a contractor

Pros

One of the better sales systems, If you are entering the sales field it is a much better option than others, You meet a lot of people,

Cons

only make commission on profit margin, product prices are the highest in the industry, leads are ok, call center pays telemarketers for leads generated which makes for bad leads, 4-6 week gap between sale and commission check, no benefits, no expenses paid, 70-90% travel, many many hours driving, hired as a 1099 contractor aka expendable

Advice to Management

You can't expect to treat MDs as independent contractors and have them act like employees.

2. "Very unorganized and frustrating"

I worked at K-Designers full-time

Pros

Nice facility at the burnsville, mn location

Cons

Very disorganized and unprofessional. No follow up and leave the customers wondering when things ate going to get done.