K-Designers - Great idea - poorly executed. | Glassdoor

Find your next job here

There are newer employer reviews for K-Designers

"Great idea - poorly executed."

Former Employee - Marketing Director in West Valley City, UT
Former Employee - Marketing Director in West Valley City, UT

Pros

They are the first in-home home improvement company that followed through with what they tell their customers they will do.

Cons

1. Bizarre compensation program - tiered so that the more volume you generate, the more they pay you. Problem is that it isn't any easier/harder the more you do.
2. Bizarre appointment sets. Less than 20% of the appointments they set did the homeowner truly agree to the appointment. Usually they committed just to get the telemarketers off the phone.
3. Bizarre ledger process. Reminded me of the "company store" setups that I learned about in high school. They make sure that anything they can charge their reps for, they do.
4. Pricing to client is significantly higher than competition. Their products and service are great, but I don't know that they are 30% better than their competition.
5. Initially I liked the sales approach as a Marketing Director. Unfortunately, the way the sales process is set up the rep quickly goes from being a marketing director to either pushy salesman or begging salesman. I ended up feeling like the stereotypical sales character in the Simpsons.

Advice to Management

1. Simplify
2. Fully support the Marketing Director concept or drop it.

Other Employee Reviews for K-Designers

"Incredible Sales Training"

I worked at K-Designers full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great income opportunity & outstanding Training. The company has been in business for over 34 years. The owner is still passionate about the business, involved and works with everyone in the organization. They embrace a "work hard", "play hard" culture and go out of their way to make the work atmosphere lively, upbeat and fun. You get to meet many people from every walk of life to help them upgrade their homes appearance, decrease maintenance costs and increase potential resale value.

Cons

It's not easy, the training helps but you've got to apply what's taught and build your skills. In time the income can be substantially above average for a good producer. Afternoon and evening hours are necessary as you meet with clients when they're not working.

"Outstanding Sales Training, Leads & Compensation"

I have been working at K-Designers full-time

Pros

K-Designers offers a pretty incredible opportunity for sales people who are currently in, or looking to enter, the Home Improvement Industry. They provide high quality initial sales training, ongoing sales training, company generated sales leads, sales and administrative support & an outstanding compensation package.
    My personal experience has been fantastic. Having spent well over a decade selling in other industries where management constantly changed comp, bonuses and territories I found success with K-Designers. I can count on K-designers to provide me with the tools I need to succeed and the programs are lasting. I know what I need to do to exceed my targets and I'm confident that my financial goals will be met in the process.
    The support is great as well, which allows me to spend more time with prospective clients.

Cons

Sales in the Home Improvement Industry can be challenging -- it may take a person a little time to learn and adjust to the dynamics. Some travel and occasional long hours. The rewards more than compensate for these factors