KB Home - Greatly enjoyed my time there but not a good place for now. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for KB Home

"Greatly enjoyed my time there but not a good place for now."

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Orlando, FL
Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Orlando, FL

Pros

There are few jobs where you can enjoy as much freedom and make the same money that do not involve any sales. I found this job right after college. It was easy to get and very easy to do. My main duties consisted of maintaining relationships with people who bought houses and repairing them if the had any issues. The great part was that I worked completely in the field, I was only in an office about once per week and hardly ever had to answer to my boss.

Cons

Right now the housing industry is not a good place to be.

Advice to Management

None

Other Employee Reviews for KB Home

1. "LACK OF ADVANCEMENT OPPORTUNITIES!!!!!!"

Current Employee - Disgruntled Employee
    Current Employee - Disgruntled Employee

Pros

The best reason unfortunately is the benefits and that is about it

Cons

The downsides I would have to say are lack of advancement opportunities at least in my division and the way they go about internally promoting. You never know the job was even available it is never posted. Right now it is nothing they can do about it but to current market has caused a lot of strain as well.

Advice to Management

VALUE YOUR EMPLOYEES BECAUSE THEIR VOICE MATTERS AS WELL. DON'T WAIT UNTIL THEY ARE ABOUT TO WALK OUT THE DOOR BEFORE YOU WANT TO PROPERLY COMPENSATE THEM.

2. "Good company. Great place to start a career."

Former Employee - IT in Charleston, SC
    Former Employee - IT in Charleston, SC

Pros

Good company that is ahead of its competition. Great internship opportunities with a welcoming environment. KB Home takes good care of its employees. Company is in good position to ride out this rough economic situation. Is not in any eminent danger of closing operations.

KB Home pays interns well and offers mileage reimbursement for company business.

Cons

Homebuilder industry is in a major slump. Office environment has a certain level of fear. People are afraid of losing their job. Industry will not be ready for growth for over a year. Company is downsizing and coming off a hangover from the early 2000's real estate 'glory days'

Advice to Management

Stick in there