KFC - Flexible schedules and passing along the blame | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for KFC

"Flexible schedules and passing along the blame"

Current Employee - Assistant Manager
Current Employee - Assistant Manager

I have been working at KFC full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Flexible work schedule and great people to work with

Cons

Slow upward movement and a policy of passing blame down the chain of command.

Advice to Management

If several stores in an area are having issues maybe we need to take a look at the district manager rather than placing all blame on the stores.

Other Employee Reviews for KFC

1. "I worked as a customer service representative."

Former Employee - Customer Service Team Member in Merced, CA
    Former Employee - Customer Service Team Member in Merced, CA

I worked at KFC part-time (More than a year)

Pros

This was a good starter job for me to get into the workforce. I enjoyed it as a beginning job.

Cons

There was not a lot of opportunity to move up in the company. I was discriminated against for being white. I was promised raises for staying till 2am cleaning for inspections multiple times that was never honored. Manager had broken health codes and reused food that should have been disposed of.

Advice to Management

Don't make promises to your employees that you cannot keep. Don't allow corrupt managers to run stores against health codes and rules of the company.

2. "High stress, but opportunities for advancement"

Current Employee - Restaurant General Manager in Woodhaven, MI
    Current Employee - Restaurant General Manager in Woodhaven, MI

I have been working at KFC full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

During my time at KFC, I rose from team member, to shift supervisor, and eventually restaurant general manager. Promotion from within is possible provided you work hard, have some brains, and can work well with others and remain patient. I really loved most of the people I worked with an will never forget them. There is a certain satisfaction that goes along with serving great food. Your regular customers will make your day.

Cons

The pay is horrible and the franchise I worked for offered small raised. The jump from an hourly supervisor to salaried manager was difficult because the hours you're expected to put in are a minimum of 50. Honestly, you'll probably work closer to 60 if you don't have a lot of supervisors to support you. Ultimately the work/life balance is why I decided to leave.

Advice to Management

Work on recruiting more supervisors and assistant managers to support RGMs. Also do something about the sandwich menu, which is painfully basic compared to other companies.