KLA-Tencor - KT is a great place to develop transferrable leadership skills, but can be career limitiing over the long term. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for KLA-Tencor

"KT is a great place to develop transferrable leadership skills, but can be career limitiing over the long term."

Current Employee - Senior IT Manager in Milpitas, CA
Current Employee - Senior IT Manager in Milpitas, CA

I have been working at KLA-Tencor full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Leading edge technology for engineers. Excellent benefits and stable job environment for such a cyclical industry. Very strong business processes that are valuable outside of KT.

Cons

Can be highly political which can limit career advancement. Operations is out sourcing outside US so opportunities are more limited now than 5-8 years ago. Engineering driven company, but less opportunities in other tracks.

Advice to Management

Make sure you understand where the power lies. Understanding what the key executive management players care about is the key to long term success. Many of the Directors do not either understand or communicate this accurately to the management team.

Other Employee Reviews for KLA-Tencor

"Yes, there are problems in IT"

Current Employee - Human Resources Representative in Milpitas, CA
    Current Employee - Human Resources Representative in Milpitas, CA

I have been working at KLA-Tencor full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I work for HR and I've read many of the reviews below. While I cannot go into much detail, what I'm hearing is consistent and is of no surprise.

Cons

We do have problems in IT and it's been persisting for several years. But we cannot just fire or reprimand managers because they're incompetent or below standard. Yes, there has been tremendous attrition, but this is symptomatic of the tremendous competition in the Valley for good people

Advice to Management

If there are issues, the proper channel is through your HR rep

"Business units good. Corp functions lacking."

Current Employee - Human Resources in Milpitas, CA
    Current Employee - Human Resources in Milpitas, CA

I have been working at KLA-Tencor full-time

Pros

Awesome challenges. Great business. Lots of opportunity. Many great people.

Business unit leaders are great. Facing unique challenges with lots of opportunities to learn and grow.

Cons

Corp functions. HR is a bunch of functional silos that don't communicate. Too much politics. Not living core values.
    Within the HR group there is a lack of trust and communication. The various functions aren't working as a team and personal agendas at the VP level are creating friction and tension between the functions.

Advice to Management

Change values to include mutual trust and recognition. Leadership change in some corp functions.