KONE - Great company - great people | Glassdoor
  1. "Great company - great people"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lisle, IL

I have been working at KONE full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I love the people I work with - smart, hard working, committed, fun Products are innovative, and company is known for being on the forefront. Wonderful global environment where you can learn to engage with different cultures. Finnish culture that is pragmatic but dynamic. Company is moving in the right direction, and I see good things in the future.

Cons

Sometimes we act more like a family owned business than a cutting edge global company - in particular in North America. We need to hire the best and expect the best, and find a way to stay relevant with today's changing workforce. Sometimes leadership can be "old school" and so many of them have grown up at KONE that they have a hard time thinking about or even excepting new ways of doing things. Structure is flat,...

Advice to Management

Embrace new ideas, in particular from people who can bring outside of the company/industry knowledge to KONE. Expect excellence and be ready to make transformational changes in order to do that.

KONE2018-06-29

"Great culture"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

I have been working at KONE full-time for less than a year

Pros

The best part about KONE is the people. They have a great culture and people are genuinly excited to come to work everyday.

Cons

The Elevator business can be very technicial. If you have no background in mechanics it can take some time to learn the ins and outs of the trade.

KONE2019-03-12
  2. "A good company in need of better leaders"

I have been working at KONE full-time

Pros

The benefits, such as, insurance and 401K are good. 2 choices for insurance.

Cons

Management tends to micromanage everything and complain if you come to them with information THEY request for approval.

Advice to Management

Give teams freedom to adopt solutions for better service to customers. Remove the barriers to communicate with certain teams, such as engineering and logistics. Make it so we are one company and are all working toward the same goal of awesome service.

KONE2019-05-21

Discover more reviews about KONE.