KPMG - KPMG good for starting out | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for KPMG

"KPMG good for starting out"

Current Employee - IT Advisory in Detroit, MI
Current Employee - IT Advisory in Detroit, MI

Pros

They have a lot of good leaders who will give you the tools needed to succeed. I never felt like I did not know what to do and I was always given the support I was needed. It was a great place and experience and I learned a lot about myself as well. I also very much enjoyed the out of office programs they supported which gave me a chance to meet everyone I worked with. Pay was very well too.

Cons

Hours can be very long, especially during busy season. Also, sometimes it was difficult to seperate work and life.

Advice to Management

Provide more opportunities for people on staff to give their ideas.

Other Employee Reviews for KPMG

1. "Fair Compensation, but Demanding"

Current Employee - Advisory Associate in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Advisory Associate in New York, NY

Pros

KPMG offers fair compensation in adidtion to an abundance of growth opportunities. Another benefit of working for KPMG is the notoriety associated with working for one of the big 4. I am going to add an additional sentence to fill up the remaining words. I apologize if this is less than helpful for you readers.

Cons

Within the Advisory practice at KPMG there is an expectation to travel extensively. As with most consulting positions, this will likely suit young, single individuals better than those with significant others in their lives. On a similar note, the work schedule is rather demanding with little abililty to control deadlines that are dictated by the client. Lastly, the newly promoted managers do little to promote knowledge sharing within the team.

Advice to Management

Provide a means of mentoring and educating new hires; perhaps through job shadowing or something similar.

2. "Big 4"

Former Employee - Audit Senior Associate in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Audit Senior Associate in New York, NY

Pros

The Big 4 name and the people. KPMG has many worlds inside itself. If you change from one team to another, is like changing from one company to another, everything is totally different. So if you're bored with one area, change to a different team and learn about other stuff without leaving company.

Cons

The balance between work and life is poor. People work over time and has no time for anything else. Many teams lack work life balance, but pay enough lip service to it that they won't admit it when you interview, so be careful; it is not unheard of for 60 hour weeks to be a norm, so consider that when negotiating salary; in rare cases, it can be worse than that.

Advice to Management

Better pay.