KPMG - kpmg a solid place to start a career | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for KPMG

"kpmg a solid place to start a career"

Current Employee - Senior Associate in Washington, DC
Current Employee - Senior Associate in Washington, DC

Pros

name recognition, ability to work directly with partners, room for growth, chance to get hands on experience working with major organizations

Cons

beauracracy that comes with large companies, can get lost in the shuffle. also have to worry about company history of getting caught up in scandal.

Advice to Management

be more communicative on how to progress career-wise. try to let top performers be more autonomous and loosen the strings on micromanagement.

Other Employee Reviews for KPMG

1. "I'll Be Out of Here Soon"

Current Employee - Audit Associate in Sacramento, CA
    Current Employee - Audit Associate in Sacramento, CA

Pros

There is opportunity for advancement and you will learn fast (in part becasue turnover is huge). Big 4 firms will look good on your resume. You work with smart people (who generally leave soon after starting).

Cons

In general, smaller markets mean you won't work on large or public clients. There's no work life balance. It seems management doesn't care about employees. You might be out of town for months. You will have no life at "home" when you get back. If you stay with the firm you can expext the people you become friends with to leave. Requests for certain types of assignments are ignored in favor of convenienceof management.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees if you care about retention.

2. "KPMG good for starting out"

Current Employee - IT Advisory in Detroit, MI
    Current Employee - IT Advisory in Detroit, MI

Pros

They have a lot of good leaders who will give you the tools needed to succeed. I never felt like I did not know what to do and I was always given the support I was needed. It was a great place and experience and I learned a lot about myself as well. I also very much enjoyed the out of office programs they supported which gave me a chance to meet everyone I worked with. Pay was very well too.

Cons

Hours can be very long, especially during busy season. Also, sometimes it was difficult to seperate work and life.

Advice to Management

Provide more opportunities for people on staff to give their ideas.