KPMG - Disappointing | Glassdoor

"Disappointing"

Former Employee - Tax Associate in Atlanta, GA
Former Employee - Tax Associate in Atlanta, GA

I worked at KPMG full-time

Pros

There is actually not anything positive that I can say about my experience working with the company. I only find that the "KPMG" name is great for exposure on your resume.

Cons

You are not promoted based on your work or achievements. Unfortunately, this causes great people to leave the company.There is absolutely no work/balance and you have no voice. They expect you to neglect your family for the better part of every month.

Advice to Management

Listen to the people who actually do the work and not those who just delegate. Currently, too many people are actively looking for work to get out of this environment. Please stop and think why so many put in complaints about middle management because of how we are treated and looked over if we are not in the in crowd.

Other Employee Reviews for KPMG

1. "An employer with great opportunities to learn and grow professionally."

Current Employee - Audit Senior Manager in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Audit Senior Manager in Denver, CO

I have been working at KPMG full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Responsibility from day one, great knowledge development in client service, accounting and auditing rules, as well as working for one of the largest professional services firms in the world. Defined career progression and accelerated advancement, with constant opportunities available outside of the firm being touted by external recruiters.

Cons

People either love it or hate it, which can make for less than positive environments sometimes. This also can cause high turnover. But these are more public accounting issues. Work/life balance can be a risk ask well, as most people here long term are workaholics.

Advice to Management

Employee satisfaction is important to our continued success as a firm

2. "Not a bad place to work"

Current Employee - Tax Associate in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Tax Associate in New York, NY

I have been working at KPMG full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Decent pay if you come in at the right time; hours are long some days and short others; several firm sponsored trainings and events

Cons

It is not uncommon during certain times of year to get an assignment at 6pm and you are expected to at least get it started that evening; you are not compensated extra for getting additional education; my group over-hired and had to lay off 1/4th of the staff

Advice to Management

Reward new academic achievements and certifications the same as other firms or else people will be inclined to switch soon after