KPMG - Satisfied Auditor | Glassdoor

"Satisfied Auditor"

Pros

+ National and International connections, both internal and external
+ Networking opportunities (i.e. annual 'trainings', local office events)
+ High-achieving focus
+ Ability to utilize rotations to other service groups

Cons

- Limited flexibility regarding early promotion
- Tight budgets to maintain competitiveness with local firms
- Depending on client load, work/life balance may be impacted

Advice to Management

Keep focusing on maintaining competitive compensation in order to retain talent. Maintain the emphasis that it is an international firm with related benefits.

Other Employee Reviews for KPMG

"Out of Touch"

Current Employee - Senior Associate
    Current Employee - Senior Associate

I have been working at KPMG full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have a lot of great peers that I work with like me. They are engaging and want to make a difference. The training here is acceptable. It could use more relevant online offerings, but overall it is pretty good. The work/ life balance is good and we have strong diversity programs.

Cons

The 2013 merit and promotion process here at KPMG is a train wreck. We have had a lot of things change this year, to include how people are rated and considered for managers. They told us last year that they would be changing the process to align with our merit programs. That meant they were going to push up the promotion dates by ninety days. Even having an extra three months, they were still not able to tell anyone if they would be promoted by the month-end deadline. Since I and many others have spent a lot of time and energy working here to get a promotion, you think they would have enough respect to tell us in a reasonable time or at least to stick to their deadline. I have been informed there are some groups that are lowering our ratings because we have too many high achievers. These are all cost saving measures, and this comes on the heels of one of the most profitable years we have had in many years. I would think twice before coming to KPMG if you are leaving college or looking for a career boost. This is a tough place to build a career. They fell out of the top 100 for a reason and it has become apparent to me. My friends are looking to join some of the other Big Four Firms and I have considered going with them because I do not see this getting better. It is time for a fresh start somewhere else.

Advice to Management

Be clear in your communications. Stop procrastinating and delaying the rewards that have been earned by your staff. Treat people with the same courtesy you expect from others. We work hard and want to be successful, so please stop being an obstacle to our success.

2. "KPMG"

Current Employee - Audit Senior in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Audit Senior in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at KPMG full-time (More than a year)

Pros

it was really good experience

Cons

the hours was really bad