KPMG - KPMG Houston audit associate | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for KPMG

"KPMG Houston audit associate"

Former Employee - Audit Associate in Houston, TX
Former Employee - Audit Associate in Houston, TX

Pros

I found the audit practice to be a good way to gain experience across differing industries and to see many specific business functions through the course of audit work. It helped me see firsthand which types of jobs and what companies I might consider working for the in the future. Definitely improved my communication and presentation skills.

Cons

Excessive work hours (that were not justified based on how much audit work needed to be done). Boredom and lack of work outside of the busy season time frame. Hire and fire assembly line atmosphere. Fake corporate environment.

Advice to Management

Overall, I find the positives outweighed the negatives and that my experience enhanced my career overall. I find it tough to offer up advice on a career path that I am no longer pursuing with interest.

Other Employee Reviews for KPMG

"Great place to work and build career? Well, only if you're on the CSD side of things."

Former Employee - Senior Administrative Assistant in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Administrative Assistant in San Francisco, CA

Pros

Nice office and lots of supplies for whatever you need to do your job. Long days in a nice atmosphere controlled office in a convenient downtown location. Some GREAT people work here and that's what kept me there.

Cons

Touted as a "Great place to build a career", KPMG unspoken policy is that support staff are not considered "professionals" like the CSD (Client Service Delivery) folks (Associates on up).

HUGE communication issues at this company.

Advice to Management

Good Luck.

2. "When it gets tough...the firm senior management gets confused."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Pros

Diversity, challenging work, great benefits. Till 2008 end, it was awesome place to work however with market souring the senior management is wants to cut left right and center with no obvious strategy. No clear message from the senior management to the employees.

Cons

Confused senior management, when tough gets going chosen ones are promoted, stingy with money.

Advice to Management

Should look at career development and reward loyalty. Also expand services.