KPMG - Structured, friendly, challenging | Glassdoor

"Structured, friendly, challenging"

Former Intern - Tax Intern in New York, NY
Former Intern - Tax Intern in New York, NY

I worked at KPMG as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Friendly co-workers, well-defined structure for the internship, decently organized, expectations are made clear. The internship program as a whole gave me a good idea of what to expect as an associate, especially during busy season (when I was there). A very worthwhile experience.

Cons

Communication between groups was not always the best and scheduling was a bit difficult at times. Also, a little scary to hear that there had been layoffs due to inaccurate projections of needs, so that didn't do much to make me feel secure. Other than that, I can't really think of anything.

Advice to Management

Really make sure those who are in management roles have actual management skill, be more communicative and open.

Other Employee Reviews for KPMG

1. "A very great experience with this company."

Current Intern - Advisory Intern in Chicago, IL
    Current Intern - Advisory Intern in Chicago, IL

I have been working at KPMG as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Great people to work with and a very open environment. Everyone is very helpful if you are ever struggling with anything.

Cons

Local clients can sometimes be a challenge to get to if you are new to the city. However, the local transportation is easy to navigate once you get the hang of it.

Advice to Management

Keeping investing in young talent, especially in the advisory practice.

2. "Good place to build solid business foundation"

Pros

Global firm with well-known reputation, hire a lot of people every year, have training program in place for employees to expand knowledge and skillset

Cons

High turnover at staff level, difficult to gain breadth of experience once in a group

Advice to Management

Great employees tend to become disgruntled and leave mainly because pay is not competitive. If you want to keep the good ones, at least up the base salary and/or bonus at sufficient levels.