Cover image for KPMG

Former Employee, more than 1 year

The Most Tolerable Public Accounting Firm

Dec 2, 2022 - Audit Associate in Atlanta, GA
    Business Outlook

Pros

While we did work long hours at times, there was a noticeable focus on work-life balance and time off. Two yearly shutdowns over Christmas and July 4th weeks. Good healthcare options. Hybrid work schedule Pleasant, helpful, and intelligent coworkers. I always felt like I could message my coworkers with questions. Coworkers who were genuinely fun to be around.

Cons

Long hours for 3-6 months of the year. Low-ish pay for core service lines like tax and audit. That has been slowly changing, but I know I was only paid a few thousand more than new hires despite being able to run circles around them while doing work. Due to pay taking some years to really ramp up, it felt like KPMG lost some of its best talent while I was there.

Continue reading
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee

Good place to work

Jan 31, 2023 - EVS Associate
    Business Outlook

Pros

Decent salary, good benefits package

Cons

Working long hours, overtime is expected

2. 4.0
    Former Contractor

Treated me well as an employee, treated me well as a contractor

Jan 11, 2023 - Interim Director
    Business Outlook

Pros

Stability and interesting projects. Resouces and a large community of co-workers locally, regionally and globally. Time off and benefits. The partners I worked for as a Director cared about the team and developing the staff. The department I work for in SF generally worked well together and had some very strong Seniors and Managers. All the Directors were accomplished, as well the Partners.

Cons

Audit lead firms limit the services the consulting group can deliver to clients. In general, CPA firms prefer to prepare reports and analysis and shy away from real time decision support and forecasting roles with clients. When billable hours and utilization drop, different departments within the consulting group collaborate less and compete more to sell their particular service line into the client organizations. Restrictions on securities ownership can be frustrating.

Continue reading
    Be the first to find this review helpful

Discover more reviews about KPMG.

KPMG Photos

+ Add Photo
KPMG photo of: Onboarding
KPMG photo of: People
KPMG photo of: Convención anual
KPMG photo of: Convención anual
KPMG photo of: Voluntariado KPMG
KPMG photo of: KPMG Team
KPMG photo of: Fiesta de primavera

KPMG Job Seekers Also Viewed