KPMG - Good Opportunities and Fun Place to Work | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for KPMG

"Good Opportunities and Fun Place to Work"

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Chicago, IL
Current Employee - Senior Manager in Chicago, IL

Pros

Flexibility in time and location for doing work, Not a face-time place, Client and engagement diversity keeps it from being monotonous

Cons

This is not a 40 hour a week and totaly disconnect when you are at home company. They treat you like a professional but with that comes the expectation of acting like one and putting clients needs ahead of you own at times.

Advice to Management

Need more recognition of individual effort. Raises and bonuses are tightly banded so the difference between a "star" and average is currently minimal.

Other Employee Reviews for KPMG

"Exhausting, frustrating and unrecognized"

Former Employee - Associate Advisory In People & Change in Detroit, MI
    Former Employee - Associate Advisory In People & Change in Detroit, MI

Pros

Obviously the largest benefit of working at KPMG is the fact that it is a Big 4 Audit firm. Having KPMG on your resume is attractive and can be beneficial to your career growth.

Furthermore, I was very satisfied with the salary and benefits in my position.

Cons

In my division, there was very little recognition and management often spoke down to associates. I felt that my input was not appreciated.

Furthermore, I was not the least bit challenged by my work. I spent most of my time editting existing documents and creating excel sheets. Management told me exactly how they wanted work to be completed and there was no room for flexibility. I felt there was no room for innovation and I never had the opportunity to bring my own contributions.

Staffing on projects was rarely done by interests or expertise. As an associate, I was placed where I was needed and not where I was getting the development I needed. Furthermore, the company continued to hire industrial/organizational psychologists for technology implementation projects. Many of my peers and myself were bored by our projects because it did not relate to our backgrounds.

Advice to Management

Management needs to show respect and appreciation to all employees. Especially since my division focused on human capital, it was shocking to see how people were treated. Whether management realized how they were treating others, I am hoping that my departure was a red flag for them.

"Great coworkers but very long hours!"

Former Employee - IT Advisory Associate in New York, NY
    Former Employee - IT Advisory Associate in New York, NY

Pros

-Great teammates (peers, supervisors and managers- they are all young and easy to work with)
    -Prestigious company to work for, great start for recent grads
    -Great Clients to work with
    -Team Events such as after work drinks, lunches or dinners (company sponsored)
    - Easy to take time-off for vacation especially during spring and summer
    - Lots of training opportunity

Cons

- Extremely Long Hours, no work/life balance
    - Required Vacation Time! They force you to take some days off!
    - Work is pretty repetitive

Advice to Management

- The busy season is too long, make it shorter
    - Do something to retain the talent