1. "Horrible Company - Horrible Management - Worst Job Ever in Life - Seemed great at first"

1.0
    Former Employee - Project Accountant in Oakland, CA

I worked at KPW Structural Engineers full-time for less than a year

Pros

Typical job with average pay and benefits

Cons

Organization is not professional you will need to learn everyone on your own. The accounting moral has an attacking demeanor and it is completely allowed. Culture is not existent, company does not have an HR department or have protocol for hostile environments. Horrible communication. Not approachable with questions, you're better off YouTubing your questions. The motto is figure it out yourself. Unethical staff and dishonesty which results in creating a persona of employees as liars. Rewards bad behavior and allows toxic work environments.

Continue reading

KPW Structural Engineers Response

June 10, 2020Office Manager/Executive Assistant

Dear Former Employee, We do our best to provide a positive workplace for our staff, encouraging work/life balance and continued education for all our team. Our Leadership Team and the HR Department takes your feedback seriously, as good communication between departments and team members is essential. KPW wishes you the best of luck in your future endeavors. Thank you again for your feedback. Sincerely, The KPW Management Team

Other Employee Reviews

"Great People, Great Place to Work"

5.0

I have been working at KPW Structural Engineers full-time

Pros

Everyone is part of a team, and the Project Managers and Leadership really go all out to make sure everyone is appreciated for their contributions. If you make a mistake, you don't just get put on blast in front of the team. Instead, the supervisors sit down and go over what went wrong and how to improve for the next submittal. It's within walking distance from BART, and also connects to the Oakland Amtrak station, so if you don't want to drive, it's really accessible. I really like the activities we do, too. We celebrate a lot of holidays in the office, go out to escape rooms, have happy hours, and a lot more. Everyone gets involved, too, so it doesn't feel forced or like a clique. I really like working here.

Cons

Nothing for KPW comes to mind, but the building's parking garage isn't great. Commuting can make it hard to find street parking if you don't want to pay daily or monthly parking. too.

"Project Engineer"

5.0
    Current Employee - Project Engineer in Oakland, CA

I have been working at KPW Structural Engineers full-time for more than a year

Pros

- very busy and work on sizable projects like big firms - retains the values of small firms with a very friendly atmosphere - company makes effort to help employees grow with mentorship programs - fast growing company - BIG desks & custom built powerful pc

Cons

- could use more interns

Discover more reviews about KPW Structural Engineers.