Kabam - A company that really cares about its employees | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Kabam

"A company that really cares about its employees"

Current Employee - Art in San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Art in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Kabam full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I've never worked at a company that cares as much about its employees. There are small things, like the open hours and take-whatever-you-want vacation policy. There's the nice office and the (too) constant supply of food, including free lunches and dinners (Not that anyone is expected to work late - it's just there for those who want to.) And one can't dismiss the massive parties the company throws when we hit a huge annual goal, like our all-company trips to Vegas and Tahoe. But I'm impressed most with Kabam specifically placing a genuine focus on and setting aside time for every employee to work towards personal career goals.

The people throughout the company on every level are both very intelligent and very friendly. Everyone all the way up to the president and CEO are extremely approachable. (It helps that they sit at desks - not in offices - like everyone else.

On the business side, a big pro is the company stays agile: We never say "this is our one groove, we're going to stay here." We're constantly pivoting with the market, trying out new things, new platforms, new technologies, and lately, new game designs.

Cons

Coming from a traditional game development background, where a team comes up with a cool game idea and executes, Kabam's methodology can feel a bit too safe and unexciting. It all makes good business sense, but making games which digress only minutely from existing games can feel like minimal progress sometimes.

Other Employee Reviews for Kabam

1. "Really depends on your team and your manager"

Current Employee - lower level in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - lower level in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Kabam full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The benefits, vacation plan (unlimited - but honor system of course), lunch + dinner, the company trips are awesome, and if you're in a good team, you'll have a great experience.

Cons

Politics, if you're in the higher echelons, prepare to know how to work the system. Not as transparent as they say they are. Hope you get a good team leader - doesn't happen all that often.

Advice to Management

Be actually transparent if that's a value you say we have.
    C level folks - realize and address all the politics going on!

"Good to their employees, but not really a place to take pride in your work."

Former Employee - Developer in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Developer in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Kabam full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Profitable and stable. Lots of perks, free food, free parties, outings and trips. Low-level employees have some opportunity to help out directly on live products.

Cons

Very revenue-focused. If you're looking to get into games, social game companies aren't really the way - they don't make games as much as make products which can be advertised and marketed against. Still, if you want a crash-course in metrics-driven business, this is the place.

Advice to Management

Advancement and promotion needs to be more transparent. It was always unpredictable who would be in charge of what this week.