Kabbage - Amazing Workplace | Glassdoor

Employee Review

"Amazing Workplace"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Atlanta, GA
Current Employee - Software Engineer in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Kabbage full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This is the first job I've had that makes me excited to go to work every day. Everyone initially focuses on the Silicon Valley startup style benefits like daily free lunch and unlimited PTO, but it is really unique in how many people really take ownership of the business and care deeply about growth and doing right by customers and the community. On a technical level we are constantly evolving and it is a welcome challenge to keep up with the pace.

Cons

No job is perfect: office is very loud and chaotic, compensation isn't the highest around (unless the stock options pay off one day), free food and alcohol make it easy to stay in the office all day and night and lose track of work life balance

Advice to Management

The business is on a very exciting trajectory but we need to fight to maintain the culture as we grow and keep hiring non-stop. Consider 401k matching to bring compensation more in line with competitors.

Other Employee Reviews

Other Employee Reviews

"Work is life. Life is work."

I have been working at Kabbage full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There is great experience to be gained here and there were great opportunities to move up in the company back when I started.

There are a lot of great people that work here and you can gain friendships that will last a long time through company outings and parties.

Cons

Not high enough pay for the amount of stress or work. Most of the time my life is just working and sleeping, including weekends.

Lack of fairness across the company. Some people work their life away and get fired and some barely work at all, walk around the office all day gossiping and playing games and get to stay.

Also, extreme lack of vacation flexibility unless you have kids. If you do not have kids, do not expect management to grant you to go on vacation more than a few days a year, especially if you're in a production based department due to their "be reasonable" policy in regards to Paid Time Off.

Benefits are poor. Health insurance is not good. They cater food everyday but they do that so that you eat at your desk and work longer without a break.

Advice to Management

Hire people in the departments that need them and fire the people that do not work. Do not stack more responsibilities on a single person just because you do not have it together. Also, the people that stay long hours and work tirelessly for the company should be compensated and not threatened by management because the workload placed on them is too much for one person to physically handle in a normal work week.

Kabbage Response

Jan 12, 2016 – VP People Operations

I’m sorry to hear that you’re so frustrated. Have you discussed any of your concerns with your manager? If you have and they haven’t been addressed, please come talk to me, Kathryn or Rob. If you’ve... More

"Fantastic place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Kabbage full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Incredible multidisciplinary engineering team.. If you are not passionate about your work, then don't bother. Great engineering culture with top of the line hardware and development tools. Hack days!

Amazing office with daily catered lunch + salad bar, unlimited snacks, plenty of beer and wine (bottled and on tap!), powered standing desks, full bar, game room with ping pong, pool table, video game consoles, arcade cabinets, pets allowed in the office, etc...

Great location in midtown with several excellent restaurants and bars in walking distance.

Cons

The snacks and beer will test your self control.

Kabbage Response

Jan 6, 2016 – Recruiting Director

We’re glad to hear you’re enjoying your time at Kabbage! It’s not uncommon to fall victim to the Freshman 15 when you get to the Kabbage campus, so good for you if you’ve found a way to limit your... More

Discover more reviews about Kabbage.