Kaiser Permanente - a good experience | Glassdoor

"a good experience"

Current Employee - LVN in Fontana, CA
Current Employee - LVN in Fontana, CA

Pros

free medical insurance is a HUGE plus! where can you find that these days

Cons

If you work in the outlying clinics,access to updates and education on kaiser policy changes,can be lacking.not enough support for lvn's furthering their education,but there is a program for MA's to become lvn's that is supported

Advice to Management

I think that if you're going to have nurses in ANY clinic,then you should at least have an assistant manager that is a nurse.often the managers aren't aware of the nurse function or scope and this causes issues at times.It allows for exploitation to a certain degree

Other Employee Reviews for Kaiser Permanente

"more and more painful"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Pros

I don't need to take care of the business part of medicine like I would do in private practice

Cons

too many patients, too many people in the system have the right to shovel patients in my schedule every day; no itme given during the day to keep up with hte medern medicine: answering emails. There is so much free medical care going on in the emails. We don't get time for them, patients are encouraged to use it, and my inbasket is a mess. Patients hate me because I cannot reply sooner than 4-5 days.

Advice to Management

get down here and work with us, see how a work day of mine looks and feels like and then get inspired to write "adulations" to KP "perfectness"

2. "This is for Baldwin Park (BP) facility only. Other Kaisers are good.But at BP,Overworked. Sweat-shop factory atmosphere."

Current Employee - Clinical Laboratory Scientist in Baldwin Park, CA
    Current Employee - Clinical Laboratory Scientist in Baldwin Park, CA

Pros

Pay is excellent. But if you're here for the money alone, don't bother. Benefits are excellent.

Cons

Management at Baldwin Park is horrible. All they care about is the lab's Turn Around Time (TAT). They want you to release results fast! But if by doing so, you accidentally release something that needed to be reviewed or further investigated, your ass will be in deep trouble. The management will not back you up. You're on your own. But if you take your time to carefully release results, they'll be on your ass for not doing it fast enough.

Advice to Management

All of you (management) were at the bench once in your careers. Don't treat your CLSs like dogs. Moral couldn't be lower because it's to the ground already. Work is tough here at Baldwin Park. We care about the patients. We want enough time for us to release accurate and quality results. We care about the Turn Around Time too, but not at the cost of patient care.