Kaiser Permanente - I Love this place | Glassdoor

"I Love this place"

Current Employee - Director in Oakland, CA
Current Employee - Director in Oakland, CA

I have been working at Kaiser Permanente full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I first worked for KP for 5 years from 2009-2014 as a consultant and then recently came back as a director. The people who work at KP are incredibly kind, the benefits are amazing, workload is good, the opportunity to move around (given plenty of departments) is great... I love this place, if you can get a job here, would HIGHLY recommend it. After leaving Kaiser for a few years, I've learned to really appreciate the company, it is a gem compared to some other companies out there.

Cons

Moves slow and can be political -- but you can learn to work around this, everything else about KP makes up for this.

Advice to Management

Thank you for investing in your people, keep doing that. Try to make things more fluid in the organization so positive change can be made quicker.

Other Employee Reviews for Kaiser Permanente

"Hopes this honest review helps!"

Current Employee - RN III
    Current Employee - RN III

I have been working at Kaiser Permanente part-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Very family oriented making it a great place to work

Cons

Horrible managers! Very two faced!Please beware!! Please don't let the monet and benefits impress you.I promise you will be sorry for leaving your current job for a few extra bucks!

Advice to Management

They need to treat the nurses with kindness!There's ALWAYS some issue going on EVERY DAY with some nurse for no good Reason! They and I mean every last one of them or lazy!

2. "Management"

I worked at Kaiser Permanente full-time

Pros

Good employer; very good retirement benefits; generous pto

Cons

Pay is ok; merit increase is not always available during lean years; that goes for bonus as well; bonus is not very big compared to other lines of business; They work you pretty hard if you are management side, non-union, just to get a rating of "successful", they set the bar pretty high to get outstanding. The biggest change in their retirement benefits ending 2016 was to remove guaranteed premium support for retiree health starting 2017,

Advice to Management

Be ready to work hard; it depends on the department but the more closer you are to the regional leadership, the bigger the pressure