Kaiser Permanente - Decent pay, but repetitive. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Kaiser Permanente

"Decent pay, but repetitive."

Current Employee - Staffing Clerk in San Diego, CA
Current Employee - Staffing Clerk in San Diego, CA

Pros

Flexible schedule. The benefits and pay are awesome. You can also pick up extra shifts if you need the money.

Cons

Dealing with the unions isn't the most fun. Even though we weren't part of one, all of the nurses/staff we dealt with are in unions. Thus, we followed a union-like structure. My job was customer service oriented and you have to deal with many, many types of personalities. There isn't any room to negotiate pay but if you do your job well, annual raises (though small) are guaranteed. On a side note, it took us a year to replace our old, broken, fax machine.

Advice to Management

I don't think that they should more open to changing the way work is done. That is, take employee suggestions to make things more efficient.

Other Employee Reviews for Kaiser Permanente

1. "Great place to work!"

Current Employee - Pharmacy Technician in Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Pharmacy Technician in Redwood City, CA

Pros

The Pay, Benefits, and Union are great reasons to work here. We also get a bonus every year. I like working in the medical feild and helping patients. At the pharmacy we're the last place patients go before they go home and I think it should be a pleasent experience. You don't know what has already happened to the patient before they come to us. They could've been told there really ill or that a loved one is dieing, or they could be there for chemo therepy or just getting a refill. Also, who know's how long they waited at the doctors office. So, I like being they last person they see before they leave and I thry to encourage them with excelent customer service.

Cons

I can't think of any. Just the usual that you might not always get along with management.

Advice to Management

We do have a voice at work and it's great to beable to tell our concerns with management.

2. "Good questions related to work satisfaction"

Former Employee - Registered Nurse in Fremont, CA
    Former Employee - Registered Nurse in Fremont, CA

Pros

Autonomy ,team based environment, supportive, provides high quality patient care,excellent salaries and benefits, tuition reimbursement,collaborative stle between nurses and physicians,good employee morale,regular recognition and feedback

Cons

Slow hiring process Internal job postings first

Advice to Management

Change the hiring process