Kaiser Permanente - Decent pay, but repetitive. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Kaiser Permanente

"Decent pay, but repetitive."

Current Employee - Staffing Clerk in San Diego, CA
Current Employee - Staffing Clerk in San Diego, CA

Pros

Flexible schedule. The benefits and pay are awesome. You can also pick up extra shifts if you need the money.

Cons

Dealing with the unions isn't the most fun. Even though we weren't part of one, all of the nurses/staff we dealt with are in unions. Thus, we followed a union-like structure. My job was customer service oriented and you have to deal with many, many types of personalities. There isn't any room to negotiate pay but if you do your job well, annual raises (though small) are guaranteed. On a side note, it took us a year to replace our old, broken, fax machine.

Advice to Management

I don't think that they should more open to changing the way work is done. That is, take employee suggestions to make things more efficient.

Other Employee Reviews for Kaiser Permanente

1. "Great place to work!"

Current Employee - Pharmacy Technician in Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Pharmacy Technician in Redwood City, CA

Pros

The Pay, Benefits, and Union are great reasons to work here. We also get a bonus every year. I like working in the medical feild and helping patients. At the pharmacy we're the last place patients go before they go home and I think it should be a pleasent experience. You don't know what has already happened to the patient before they come to us. They could've been told there really ill or that a loved one is dieing, or they could be there for chemo therepy or just getting a refill. Also, who know's how long they waited at the doctors office. So, I like being they last person they see before they leave and I thry to encourage them with excelent customer service.

Cons

I can't think of any. Just the usual that you might not always get along with management.

Advice to Management

We do have a voice at work and it's great to beable to tell our concerns with management.

"KP is a forward thinking, values oriented org that faces challenges from the state of U.S. healthcare with creativity."

Current Employee - Department IS Too Small - But, I'm A "worker Bee", Not Leader in San Jose, CA

Pros

Strong sense of mission, commitment to social justice, enlightened leadership, innovative programs, goals of inclusion and respect for all employees and their ideas - btw - these are facets of the organization that have been present from its inception, not just recent phenomena

Cons

The devil's in the details, right? Like all large organizations, the genuine commitments of leadership are sometimes lost in translation farther down the line. KP operates in a challenging environment - the state of healthcare in the U.S. As a non-profit there is not quite as much flexibility to make quick operational changes as with nimble for profit organizations. All healthcare organizations struggle with recruiting and retaining highly trained individuals given that health care has not been as popular a career path for many young people as other fields in recent years. That means that while some people are great, others are less so. On the other hand, I don't think that is so different from other similar institutions, with the exception perhaps, of hospitals closely tied to medical schools. Finally, whether in healthcare or any other business, everyone is trying to do more with less, so there is definitely stress.

Advice to Management

Keep it going - we're on the right path. Whatever you can do to continue to support all levels in the organization to embody our mission while retaining their sanity in a stressful environment will be great.