Kaiser Permanente - Great place to work! | Glassdoor

"Great place to work!"

Current Employee - Pharmacy Technician in Redwood City, CA
Current Employee - Pharmacy Technician in Redwood City, CA

Pros

The Pay, Benefits, and Union are great reasons to work here. We also get a bonus every year. I like working in the medical feild and helping patients. At the pharmacy we're the last place patients go before they go home and I think it should be a pleasent experience. You don't know what has already happened to the patient before they come to us. They could've been told there really ill or that a loved one is dieing, or they could be there for chemo therepy or just getting a refill. Also, who know's how long they waited at the doctors office. So, I like being they last person they see before they leave and I thry to encourage them with excelent customer service.

Cons

I can't think of any. Just the usual that you might not always get along with management.

Advice to Management

We do have a voice at work and it's great to beable to tell our concerns with management.

Other Employee Reviews for Kaiser Permanente

1. "Good questions related to work satisfaction"

Former Employee - Registered Nurse in Fremont, CA
    Former Employee - Registered Nurse in Fremont, CA

Pros

Autonomy ,team based environment, supportive, provides high quality patient care,excellent salaries and benefits, tuition reimbursement,collaborative stle between nurses and physicians,good employee morale,regular recognition and feedback

Cons

Slow hiring process Internal job postings first

Advice to Management

Change the hiring process

2. "Kaiser caters to family/friends of Administration. They "create" positions for them despite their lack of experience."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Pros

Medical benefits and if you are "in" w/ administration, you will succeed w/ Kaiser.

Cons

Managers don't show support for their staff nor do they encourage them to excel. Administrators "create" positions for family and friends regardless despite their lack of experience.

Advice to Management

Involve the employees....communicate!! Take classes on how to get the most from your employees. Eliminate costly parties for physicians while asking staff to limit the amount of office supplies they order to do their jobs.