Kaiser Permanente - My experience was great. | Glassdoor

Employee Review

Employee Review

"My experience was great."

Former Employee - Medical Assistant in Riverside, CA
Former Employee - Medical Assistant in Riverside, CA

I worked at Kaiser Permanente full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great place to work, Great benefits, Great patients, Great upper management. I would highly recommend Kaiser Permanente to those who are going into healthcare.

Cons

Once you leave it is difficult to get back in. So please make sure you try your best to transfer. That is the only thing that I have to say about the cons of the company. They have been really good to me I can't complain.

Advice to Management

Management keep up the great work.

Other Employee Reviews

Other Employee Reviews

"Benefits are the perks..."

Current Employee - RN Case Manager in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - RN Case Manager in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Kaiser Permanente full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I've been working for KP for 10 months now. It has always been my goal to work for KP 15-20 years before retirement because of the pension and medical benefits. The work environment is great and the people I work with including the MDs are all helpful especially during my first 90 days.

Cons

There are no standardized processes. Each MDs I work with had differing workflow. Now, being a case manager, this was quite challenging and frustrating for me. No one knew the policies and protocols and I had to navigate myself around what my predecessor was doing and the experience and knowledge I came with. I came from a setting where processes were vital to the success of my job. It was and still is for this KP job. Fortunately, I'm a driven person and am used to developing workflow processes that are within the bounds of policies and protocols. I was just surprised and disappointed that an organization such as KP has no standardized processes, protocols/policies for each of their departments.
    Another thing I've noticed is the training and orientation piece was not as comprehensive as what I'm used to- and management literally did not know how to help me. There was no formal training on how to use TORT, timeclock, clocking in and out, etc. .. I had to find out for myself or ask co-workers.

Advice to Management

Improve new employee orientation and training process.

"Good job. Company vision lacking"

Current Employee - Senior Desktop Support
    Current Employee - Senior Desktop Support

I have been working at Kaiser Permanente full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Kaiser Permanente focuses a great deal on work life balance which allows for a stress free approach to working. The company also pays well, especially for the work load.

Cons

As a whole, the company is littered with corrupt relationships. Departmental funding is heavily influenced by who you know which leaves non-unionized employees frequently at risk. Additionally, this means that money for innovation usually goes into the wrong hands. On top of this, management is deeply rooted in the old ways of providing service. Piloting new, outside the box solutions, usually requires a great deal of effort and the end result is often a compromised product poised to fail. Another shortfall is their approach to promotional raises. They have a 10% cap on a raise from promotion to promotion. So if you go in cheap, just to get in, you will suffer in the long run. All in all, if you are looking for a job that pays well where you can settle in, this is the place for you. If you are looking for career growth, I would consider this company a pass.

Advice to Management

Take advantage of the talent you have. Stop outsourcing all of your work to 5 different companies. You will save a lot of money and you will boost employee moral as they will feel challenged and needed. Lastly, don't settle for satisfactory. The "keeping the lights on" mentality hurts the long term goal of reaching the stars.

Discover more reviews about Kaiser Permanente.