Kaiser Permanente - You will love working here! | Glassdoor

Employee Review

Employee Review

"You will love working here!"

Current Employee - On Call Medical Assistant in San Leandro, CA
Current Employee - On Call Medical Assistant in San Leandro, CA

I have been working at Kaiser Permanente (More than a year)

Pros

Kaiser from theb1st day, makes you feel like a star, that every employee has a part in the organization. Everyone counts.

Cons

My schedule wasn't pre set and its taken a while to get it but u can't complain because I'm On-call and that what o sign up for.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you do best.

Other Employee Reviews

Other Employee Reviews

1. "Human resources"

Pros

The current mangers respect my work, my time, and provide constructive feedback. I feel I am supported by management.

Cons

The first time I came in contact with Kaiser recruitment was in 2011. I wanted to work at Kaiser because I found Kaiser philosophy and goals aligned with mine. I had the support of many Kaiser long term employees who were in clinical field and had come to know me through professional collaboration. Unfortunately, the recruiter who I still remember her name was resentful of me for no reason that I am aware of. I felt she ignored my clinical experience when she said "experience has to be in this country" . Now, where in any job announcement there is a mention of having experience on any particular country. She also dismissed the evaluation of clinical experts of me when she said " why do they want to hire you". She also had belittling tone of voice when she said " you are probably just good for home health"
    For many years I did not apply to Kaiser anymore. I think HR needs overhaul in order to let people with clinical expertise at Kaiser have a say at who they should hire. I do not think Human Resources staff should filter applicants to clinical positions when they do not have the knowledge to evaluate applicants clinical acumen. Had my application been reviewed by clinicians at Kaiser in 2011i would have had a better chance of being hired then. The experience with this expert recruiter adversely affected my life.

2. "IT Intern - SCAL IT Team"

Former Employee - IT Intern in Corona, CA
    Former Employee - IT Intern in Corona, CA

I worked at Kaiser Permanente full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Established company, lay back work environment

Cons

- Keep in mind it's not an IT company

Discover more reviews about Kaiser Permanente.