Kaiser Permanente - Excellent experience in a fast-paced corporate structure. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Kaiser Permanente

"Excellent experience in a fast-paced corporate structure."

Former Employee - Pharmacy Clerk in Santa Rosa, CA
Former Employee - Pharmacy Clerk in Santa Rosa, CA

I worked at Kaiser Permanente part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Compensation is very good. Current employees are given preference for promotions. Work environment is very pro-healthy lifestyle.

Cons

Union job means hard to discipline bad employees. Corporate environment means that suggestions from the lower levels are rarely implemented. Management often fails to recognize potential solutions.

Advice to Management

Listen to the front-line workers - they know the problems inside out. Also, be more selective with the hiring process.

Other Employee Reviews for Kaiser Permanente

1. "A place you could want to be at for the rest of your career"

Current Employee - Information Technology in Oakland, CA
    Current Employee - Information Technology in Oakland, CA

I have been working at Kaiser Permanente full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I love this place. Great workers, a sense of purpose. "Fireside chats" from George let me know exactly what he is thinking, happy or concerned about. A CTO who is really transformative in his approach to making tech work for the business. Being part of a group that is changing healthcare to be more personalized and more efficient. How much more fun it be than that

Cons

It's healthcare still - still some legacy mindsets throughout the industry that FEAR change. Certain external burdens make it harder to make changes for the benefits of the community sometime. Those with conservative values still have to be careful how they present their ideas. Consensus based decision making used a little too often in my opinion.

Advice to Management

Remember to be a bold leader. Have more skip level interactions - good ideas are germinating all over the organization. Seek out those who seem to disagree or have differing opinions. Say thank you till it hurts. And support your peers (you know the ones) who are going the extra mile. After all, everyone is looking at us (KP) and we should take this opportunity to drive forward as effectively and as efficiently as possible

"Horrible company to work for."

Former Employee - Zone Supervisor in Baltimore, MD
    Former Employee - Zone Supervisor in Baltimore, MD

I worked at Kaiser Permanente full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Frankly, I don't see any. Very cheap when it comes to employee relations.

Cons

Just like most big companies they broughht some henchman in to cut jobs and remove higher salaried employees and bring in new people to do twice the work as before at less pay. If it sounds like I'm bitter, I am. 25 years with a company and shown the door. I wish nothing but the worse for AG.

Advice to Management

Not wise to award your upper management with bonuses and rewards at the end of a fiscal year when the company was busy laying off 2500 people. I don't understand how those types of a bonus are justified.