Kaiser Permanente - Disorganized | Glassdoor

"Disorganized"

Current Employee - Database Developer in Aurora, CO
Current Employee - Database Developer in Aurora, CO

I have been working at Kaiser Permanente full-time

Pros

The pay is good and the work is interesting

Cons

The company is very big and very disorganized. If I need to get something done or access to a system, no one knows how to request it. Local IT can't perform simple tasks, so they end up getting outsourced. Once it gets to India, simple tasks take months to complete.

Other Employee Reviews for Kaiser Permanente

1. "A full opportunity to combine technology, people, and process for better patient outcomes!"

Current Employee - Assistant Administrator - Hospital and Surgical Services Technologies in Portland, OR

I have been working at Kaiser Permanente full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

We are the Accountable Care Organization that Health Care Reform talks about. And, we can and will do better for patient and member outcomes.

Cons

We are a gigantic company and it is sometimes hard to get things done, but our motto in our region includes "lead from where you stand"!

Advice to Management

Promote from within; external perspectives are healthy and both create a diverse work force.

2. "Working for Kasier has it's ups and downs, but i feel very lucky to have a stable flexible job with raises every year."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

I have been working at Kaiser Permanente full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great for learning and growing.

Cons

They have a very strict sick policy at the hospital I work at, it depends on where you work though

Advice to Management

If you want your patient scores to go up, don't counsel your nurses on overtime. they are going the extra mile to make patients happy. You will make more money if your patients are happy.