Kaiser Permanente - Having more Clinical Pharmacists would improve quality of patient care at Kaiser | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Kaiser Permanente

"Having more Clinical Pharmacists would improve quality of patient care at Kaiser"

Current Employee - Clinical Pharmacist in San Jose, CA
Current Employee - Clinical Pharmacist in San Jose, CA

Pros

Excellent salary and benefits. Great work environment--coworkers, morale level, friendliness of staff. I love coming to work, and having worked at other places, I feel lucky to work here now. Love the online clinical library. Opportunities for professional growth.

Cons

I would appreciate more feedback on my performance. When I asked my manager how I'm doing, she said "you're doing ok", and didn't elaborate. I think she has a lot on her mind lately, with budget issues. Still, it'd be appreciated to get more feedback than that.

Advice to Management

Kaiser would be more efficient if it had more clinical pharmacists as outpatient clinic care managers (ie. primary care, diabetes clinic, PHASE, heart failure, pain, etc). We're excellent physician extenders. This is what we went to university and 4 years of pharmacy school and residency training to do. I read so many visit notes from other care providers who don't seem to have a clue what to do about patients' medications, it's pretty scary and I worry for patient safety as a result.

Other Employee Reviews for Kaiser Permanente

1. "Best Place to Work in California"

Current Employee - Solutions Consultant in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Solutions Consultant in Los Angeles, CA

Pros

Knowing that you are working for a company that has the health and well being of it's members paramount. The values of Kaiser Permanente could be well utilized in the other parts of the working communities in America. Placing an emphasis on quality care of our members and patients will ensure that the burden on health care care spending is reduced because the health of our workers will be improved by ensuring that preemptive care to reduce the burden on the system by managing the health of it's members. Dispense quality care when our patients requires care. Being a total Health Managed Organization.

Cons

Being healthcare, there are times when you may be required to work that's not conducive to good family time. Being available to ensuring that our members and patients receives the quality care they deserve can impinge sometimes on quality family time.

Advice to Management

Continue to keep the priorities of KP in being there for our members and patients.

"good place to retire"

Current Employee - Senior Database Administrator in Pleasanton, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Database Administrator in Pleasanton, CA

Pros

benefit and work hours are good. It comes with plenty of holidays and PTO. The work culture is very layback. If you are going for a long haul, this is the place. Most people have been with the company for over 10 years. And many are waiting to receive their retirement package.

Cons

Too much politics and autonomous organizations. Each group just cares about its territory. There is a lack of cross-functional team work. There are so much red tapes that discourage you to do any real work. For sure there are plenty of policies just like any big company, but their policies keep changing to the point that even your manager does not work what is the "latest" policy.

Advice to Management

Reduce some layers of middle managements. They just complicate the whole approval and work process without adding any values.