Kaiser Permanente - Good environment, pleasant co-workers, but endless meetings | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Kaiser Permanente

"Good environment, pleasant co-workers, but endless meetings"

Former Contractor - Senior Print Production in Burbank, CA
Former Contractor - Senior Print Production in Burbank, CA

I worked at Kaiser Permanente as a contractor (More than 3 years)

Pros

As a contractor I was capped to an 8-hour day, so wildly fluctuating schedules were not an issue. Middle management was open to process innovation and technical input. We were given the tools and infrastructure to get our jobs done effectively. People pleasant to work with.

Cons

Endless meetings, most of which had nothing to do with my job description. On a minor note, it was interesting that Kaiser worked on the Friday after Thanksgiving, when the rest of America was seemingly gone 'til Monday.

Advice to Management

Have meetings "Southwest Airlines" style—everybody standing up. They'll be over in 20 minutes, will discourage idle digressions, and will be a tonic to sitting all day.

Other Employee Reviews for Kaiser Permanente

1. "Frustratingly bureaucratic. Lots of lifers."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

I worked at Kaiser Permanente full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Company is on a mission to improve the health of the communities it serves. It's great to work somewhere where people really believe in what they are doing. Leadership and company believe in making decisions based on evidence.

Cons

Lots of stakeholders - everyone can say no or get in the way of an effort, few will say yes and push it forward. Too many people who aren't good enough at their jobs - KP doesn't manage people out for poor performance.

Advice to Management

More empowerement and more accountability please.

"So far have been happy there"

Current Employee - Staff RN in Santa Rosa, CA
    Current Employee - Staff RN in Santa Rosa, CA

I have been working at Kaiser Permanente part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Organized mostly, nice pay scale and benefits.

Cons

Don't always listen to RNs as to what their needs are, Ex: staffing. They consistently staff as few nurses as possible, and we have been stuck quite a few times trying to figure out how we were going to handle the patient load.,

Advice to Management

Would be helpful to listen to us more, spend bit more time here so that you can see the flow of the unit and how we handle what we're given staff wise for our current patient load.