Kaiser Permanente - Kaiser Permanente really cares about their employees | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Kaiser Permanente

"Kaiser Permanente really cares about their employees"

Current Employee - Pharmacy Technician in Los Angeles, CA
Current Employee - Pharmacy Technician in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Kaiser Permanente full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The benefits are great and there are a lot of bonuses! I've been here less than a year and I've already received several cash bonuses. There's a team work environment, Kaiser gives our department matching tshirts and sweatshirts. It really feels like you're part of a team.

Cons

It's hard work. You will definitely earn your pay check. But the satisfaction you receive in doing a good job is invaluable.

Other Employee Reviews for Kaiser Permanente

"Their orientation presented a wonderful company to work for, but my actual work place was quite different."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kennesaw, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kennesaw, GA

I worked at Kaiser Permanente full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Pay, benefits and some of your co-workers will have a professional helpful attitude while you are learning your job. Most of my co-workers were helpful when I asked.

Cons

The department where I was assigned had poor internal customer service by front line managerial staff in reference to their employees (their external customer service to patients was usually excellent). A couple practiced passive-aggressive career sabotage and false accusations to cause several employees to quit or be fired.

Advice to Management

Dealing with sick patients is a fluid situation that requires focus from every front line employee. They must have their minds clear to consider their vast medical knowledge and how to safely help the patient. Because the distraction of workplace bullying compromises patient care and employee health, eventually no one will want to work in the department.

"Great pay and benefits, work/life balance, but very stressful job"

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Vallejo, CA
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Vallejo, CA

I have been working at Kaiser Permanente full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Pay is great, benefits great. Leading edge new technologies. Nice coworkers. Large, stable company. Strives to meet customer and employee expectations for excellence. Wonderful clinical resources that are just not available at other healthcare systems.

Cons

Management at my particular location are very critical, non supportive, and utilize threats & fear to motivate their staff. Culture of collaboration does not exist between staff and management. Some managers are friendly, while others are cold and hostile. Does not feel like a team environment. Most of the senior management does not respect the staff.

Advice to Management

Motivation through fear and threats lowers morale and performance.Performance review should also include praise for what is done well. Staff feel more engaged when they are given opportunity to share/be included in day to day activities.Positive support and resources helps employees to learn and grow in our roles.