Kaiser Permanente - CSC in San Diego is a great place to work | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Kaiser Permanente

"CSC in San Diego is a great place to work"

Former Employee - Account Administrative Representative in San Diego, CA
Former Employee - Account Administrative Representative in San Diego, CA

I worked at Kaiser Permanente full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The pay and benefits are good. You have an option to opt out of Kaisers benefits and receive a percentage of pay increase by doing so. There is quite a bit of training that you are allowed to take as many times as you feel the need to. Kaiser is represented by a union so the rules are really strict, but on the reverse you have to really mess up in order for them to be able to fire you. Kaiser does a lot of promoting from within. After 15 years of working with the company, upon retirement , you get lifetime benefits. The only reason I left was due to relocation.

Cons

Being part of a union, you are in trouble if you are a minute late, and will be written up after so many times. This is just one of the strict rules. You will be held accountable for your work, so it's best that you really get all you can get out of training. If you do choose to opt out of benefits, this also includes your paid vacation time. You will receive some vacation time, but it will be unpaid, including maternity leave.

Advice to Management

I had excellent management. They always asked the employees opinions and concerns.

Other Employee Reviews for Kaiser Permanente

1. "Analyst"

Pros

Great IT infrastructure, knowledgeable and competent co-workers,

Cons

Heavy politics, some co-workers dreaded -- and I mean DREADED coming to work everyday... it was abnormal.

"Your KP experience will differ depending on where you work; it can be great or wretched."

Former Employee - Marketing Communications in Oakland, CA
    Former Employee - Marketing Communications in Oakland, CA

I worked at Kaiser Permanente full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Benefits, a lot of smart people, the company makes an admirable effort to do what's right for employees.

Cons

There are a lot of lifers who are not on board with change management efforts. Working with the Medicare line of business is extremely challenging. While I enjoyed my direct manager and working with the rest of Marketing Communications, the relationship with our "partners" in Medicare was toxic.

Advice to Management

Take a good look at leadership within Medicare. This is a very important LOB for your bottom line, and if you look at employee attrition rates with groups who work with Medicare you'll see that you're losing a lot of smart, hard-working people because of the toxic atmosphere perpetuated by a handful of long-time executives.