Kaiser Permanente - this company is stable place to be | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Kaiser Permanente

"this company is stable place to be"

Current Employee - Senior Programmer Analyst in Pasadena, CA
Current Employee - Senior Programmer Analyst in Pasadena, CA

I have been working at Kaiser Permanente full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

benefit is pretty good, lots of vacations, job is stable, not many lay offs. health insurance is cheap compared to other companies

Cons

not many chances for job advancement, salary is average, not as high as other companies

Other Employee Reviews for Kaiser Permanente

"Very happy working for kaiser!"

Current Employee - Admitting Representative in Sacramento, CA
    Current Employee - Admitting Representative in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at Kaiser Permanente part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Kaiser provides a wonderful service to its members having all medical services under one roof so to speak. I have found that patients are able to be treated faster and more accurately with this system. As an employee, knowing we provide a better service to our members makes for a positive outlook. Kaiser pays very well, and provides exceptional medical benefits to its FT and PT employees. There are lots of other benefits such has vacation time, sick leave, education leave that make working there even more rewarding. I have also made many many friends throughout the Kaiser network.

Cons

In my experience at Kaiser, the hardest thing to deal with has been the fact that there is hardly any accountability for employees who are not performing up to par. This is partly due to the fact that many areas are union, which makes disciplinary action difficult. This issue can be a bit of a drag for other employees, and can affect members/patients as well.

"Love it! Hope to retire from here."

Current Employee - Marketing in Burbank, CA
    Current Employee - Marketing in Burbank, CA

I have been working at Kaiser Permanente full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great mission that builds on its roots and commitment to what's right. Financially conservative in some ways, which leads to relative job stability. People here truly care.

Cons

Management in marketing is not so great. Many poor hiring decisions at executive level have led to turnover at mid-to-senior level management level. Mid-level management misbehavior is tolerated too long without being addressed. Staff feels lack of vision, other than that we need to save money and work more efficiently.

Advice to Management

Give equal value to seasoned ("legacy") folks and newer folks with varied experience. The old way alone will no longer work, but moving forward without valuing historical knowledge will sink us. Truly empower us and don't treat us like children with management theory cliches (this mesage to a select few)