Kaiser Permanente - Good company that could be great with improved executive leadership | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Kaiser Permanente

"Good company that could be great with improved executive leadership"

I have been working at Kaiser Permanente full-time

Pros

Pay is good; Benefits are great; work life balance is great

Cons

Minimal merit increases; slow moving; political

Advice to Management

Get control of regions and stop duplicating efforts and investments.

Other Employee Reviews for Kaiser Permanente

1. "Decent job"

I have been working at Kaiser Permanente full-time

Pros

Free benefits is great. Opportunity to rise to other jobs, regardless of where you start. Plenty of entry level positions. Kaiser also helps pay for schooling if your career is going to be with them.

Cons

Quality of work varies from department to department. While maintaining the highest patient satisfaction, my department has so many internal problems that it makes one wonder why they haven't quit yet. Management doesn't do much to help the situations either.

Advice to Management

Be harsher on employees, being a good manager doesn't necessarily mean you have to be a bad guy to your workers.

2. "Under-experienced Managers"

Current Employee - Senior Health Information Management Assistant
    Current Employee - Senior Health Information Management Assistant

I have been working at Kaiser Permanente full-time

Pros

Good benefits. If you get sick during the work day, the appointment line will usually squeeze you in at your work locations so you miss less time from your desk.

Cons

The past 18 months or so have been rough for employees close to or over 40. Rules are changing and usually the only way you find out is getting in trouble for breaking them. I have never seen so many write-ups and firings for minor and made-up stuff in my life. The union is too amazed at the brazenness of the supervisors to offer effective help. The new management is close to or under 30 and has no interest in listening to the "old way" of doing things. They are not knowledgeable about laws governing what we do but automatically assume they know more than the "old" employees. (And they call us old, too.)

Advice to Management

Stop bringing in outside people or temps to fill supervisor or management positions. Stop playing games with the job postings and truly promote from within.