Kaiser Permanente - great place to work! | Glassdoor

"great place to work!"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Oakland, CA
Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Oakland, CA

I have been working at Kaiser Permanente full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

stable, work-life balance, great benefits, career growth, continuing education, health promotion

Cons

compensation, everything takes forever to get done due to company size

Other Employee Reviews for Kaiser Permanente

1. "Overall, interesting and rewarding"

Former Employee - Clerk III
    Former Employee - Clerk III

I worked at Kaiser Permanente full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

My last boss was totally terrific, and her predecessor was also excellent. Both are caring, compassionate women, totally different in personality and outlook, but very knowledgeable about their field.

Cons

Supervisors and some management who covered for each other and did not root out problems which caused the clerical and some of the field staff to inundate HR with transfer requests.

Advice to Management

Make sure the supervisors and management work for and with each other to provide THEIR staff with support and understanding; assume the clerks are intelligent enough to do their jobs without having to micromanage them. That makes for an unhappy staff, and since the first contact with the departments are with the clerks, the best impressions are given to the public if they are happy with their jobs. Also, upper management could work a little better with the union(s) and not project an "us against them" attitude. Granted, the unions tended to be militant for the first several years I worked there and I fault them for that, but later, after they settled down a bit and were easier to work with, the general feeling I got from them that it was still "us versus management," not "us working together with management to produce the best possible contract for the employees, both professional and clerical."

2. "Kaiser Permanente is a great place to work"

Current Employee - Medical Professional in Bakersfield, CA
    Current Employee - Medical Professional in Bakersfield, CA

I have been working at Kaiser Permanente full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Positive, healthly work environment with an active labor management team approach..

Cons

Corp Management issues on the upper levels, making changes to areas in theory, instead of knowing the real working issues of many departments. Only so many sardines can be put into a can in a certain amount of time.

Advice to Management

Ask those who work in the trenches about the trenches before making changes to the trenches in theory.