Kaiser Permanente - Overall | Glassdoor

"Overall"

Current Employee - Human Resources Field in Oakland, CA
Current Employee - Human Resources Field in Oakland, CA

I have been working at Kaiser Permanente full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great learning and advancement opportunities in many career fields.

Cons

Procedure and amount of annual raises for non management levels didn't seem fair compared to those in leadership positions.

Advice to Management

Give fair treatment. Give credit where due, perhaps a bonus, especially when you're fully aware that you're putting the responsibility of 2 or more staff members on one person. Understand and give exceptions to deadlines in those overloaded situations.

Other Employee Reviews for Kaiser Permanente

"The Worst Company I Ever Worked For"

Former Employee - Staff Assistant in Roseville, CA
    Former Employee - Staff Assistant in Roseville, CA

I worked at Kaiser Permanente full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Benefits
    Decent pay
    There really are no other benefits that come to mind.

Cons

Nepotism
    Favoritism
    Worst management from the top down (MGA, PIC, then follow the downhill roll.)
    The MGA is just a horrible human being, not just a horrible administrator.
    Management pays absolutely no attention to what their departments need or how they actually run. Decisions are based on some idealism spread down from the top.
    This company will work you to death if you allow it... or just quit like I did.
    Very political atmosphere.
    Union working with non-union
    Union workers do not get reprimanded properly, therefore Kaiser is forced to hang onto them.
    You get a bonus... IF you're favored.

Advice to Management

Stop the nepotism!
    Fire the MGA.
    LISTEN to your hardest working employees, not to the relatives that are climbing their way to the top via the heads of these hard-working employees.
    It's not the employees that need to be fixed, it's YOU!
    Value your employees, rather than bleed them dry.
    READ and LISTEN to those ridiculous People Soft surveys you send out, and maybe everyone will start participating.

"Last 3 positions at Kaiser"

Former Contractor - Senior Infrastructure Project Manager in Pleasanton, CA
    Former Contractor - Senior Infrastructure Project Manager in Pleasanton, CA

I worked at Kaiser Permanente as a contractor (More than 5 years)

Pros

Was originally one of the best experiences I had working for anyone. There were allot of good very loyal, people prior to the IBM transition in July 2009.

Cons

I returned to Kaiser for a couple of contracts after being laidoff to make room for IBM employers who replaced over 300 loyal hard working people who had been with Kaiser for quite a long time. In these 2 return trips as a contractor I found the culture to be very different since I had been there prior to the IBM transition. For the first contract which was supposed to be a 10 month contract, I was cut short after 6 months with no warning. I went back for another one after a couple months, this time for 12 months that was again cut short after only 5 weeks with zero notice on a Thursday. I found out at 3pm it was my last day. With no loyalty to people coming to work for you, what sort of reputation would you expect will occur with this sort of treatment. It's gone froma great place to work to a place that cannot be trusted.

Advice to Management

Find some of the out employee loyalty and implement it. Mgmt is always spouting things like it's the people who make the company, but actions speak louder than words. This will eventually come back to bite the company at some point if not already. Be a bit more responsible in how you affect people's lives. I've given the company about 6 years now and there is no appreciation of this post 2009 that I can find. What has happened since then is reallt quite sad. It used to be a great place to be. I have many friends there to this day, but no longer believe I can trust them as an employer to have my familiy's future in.