Kaiser Permanente - Great company to join | Glassdoor

"Great company to join"

I have been working at Kaiser Permanente full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It really feels like they care about your well being. Management and Coworkers are all very competent and friendly. I have enjoyed working here since day one. It is a very large company so there is a lot more red tape and bureaucracy than you would find at a start up, typical workweek hours but they are pretty flexible about timing as long as you get your job done.

Cons

Dress code: shirt and tie. The huge company feel is nice for the stability but it doesn't have that same fun atmosphere that new start ups can have.

Coworkers are very friendly, but it is definitely an older crowd so there isn't as much fun and creative thinking which can make the office a bit dry. Office groups aren't as tightly knit as they could be.

Other Employee Reviews for Kaiser Permanente

1. "KP is a great company"

Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Oakland, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Oakland, CA

I worked at Kaiser Permanente full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Challenging interesting important valuable work

Cons

Pressure is increasing - as it is everywhere

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work

"Great benefits, good healthcare, solid employment"

Current Employee - IT Manager in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - IT Manager in Denver, CO

I have been working at Kaiser Permanente full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I've been with Kaiser for 13 years working in the IT field. The people on the business and medical side are great to work with. They are flexible on hours and allow us to work from home once a week. I feel generally apprised of what is going on in the company and benefited from a positive outside view of the healthcare Kaiser provides.

Cons

The technology is severely outdated. The bureaucracy is about the worst I have seen as far as getting things done, getting software upgrades, network connectivity, utilizing decent hardware, and going to tablets and handhelds. IT management is completely disjointed from healthcare delivery. IT services are much more interested in filling out the paperwork and going through the extensive motions than they are of delivering a product or service. If you like filling out forms, waiting in endless lines for approval, and OK with the status quo, this is the place for you.

Advice to Management

Focus on the business of healthcare and cut the administrative fat and overhead.