Kaiser Permanente - Great benefits, good healthcare, solid employment | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Kaiser Permanente

"Great benefits, good healthcare, solid employment"

Current Employee - IT Manager in Denver, CO
Current Employee - IT Manager in Denver, CO

I have been working at Kaiser Permanente full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I've been with Kaiser for 13 years working in the IT field. The people on the business and medical side are great to work with. They are flexible on hours and allow us to work from home once a week. I feel generally apprised of what is going on in the company and benefited from a positive outside view of the healthcare Kaiser provides.

Cons

The technology is severely outdated. The bureaucracy is about the worst I have seen as far as getting things done, getting software upgrades, network connectivity, utilizing decent hardware, and going to tablets and handhelds. IT management is completely disjointed from healthcare delivery. IT services are much more interested in filling out the paperwork and going through the extensive motions than they are of delivering a product or service. If you like filling out forms, waiting in endless lines for approval, and OK with the status quo, this is the place for you.

Advice to Management

Focus on the business of healthcare and cut the administrative fat and overhead.

Other Employee Reviews for Kaiser Permanente

1. "Positive and diverse culture that promotes career advancement."

Current Employee - Staff Assistant in Antioch, CA
    Current Employee - Staff Assistant in Antioch, CA

I have been working at Kaiser Permanente full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The first thing I noticed when I started working at the Antioch facility, was how happy the employees were. Continued education is supported and encouraged. They even offer tuition assistance as well as a vast selection of f2f and web courses. Many options and opportunities for career planning and advancement.

Cons

Constant change within operation guidelines and processes. Can be frustrating. Excessive meetings to attend.

"It's a job."

Current Employee - Quality Assurance Coordinator in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Quality Assurance Coordinator in Denver, CO

I have been working at Kaiser Permanente full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The pay is pretty good.

Cons

Lack of communication between departments and practices that result in large waste of money.

Advice to Management

Audit for cost savings.