Kaiser Permanente - Kaiser Permanente is a not-for-profit Health Care provider that is positioned to be a leader even more so with the ACA. | Glassdoor

Find your next job here

There are newer employer reviews for Kaiser Permanente

"Kaiser Permanente is a not-for-profit Health Care provider that is positioned to be a leader even more so with the ACA."

Former Employee - Marketing Manager in Oakland, CA
Former Employee - Marketing Manager in Oakland, CA

I worked at Kaiser Permanente full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

As a one stop shop for health insurance, physicians / staff, and facilities with over 50 years of medical data Kaiser Permanente can truly focus on positive outcomes and make people thrive.

Cons

The not-for-profit environment can be sluggish to move and cause challenges for candidates who want a fast paced work environment.

Other Employee Reviews for Kaiser Permanente

1. "They push a lot of propaganda about how life should be, but they treat their CA employees like garbage."

Current Employee - Medical Assistant in Santa Clara, CA
    Current Employee - Medical Assistant in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at Kaiser Permanente full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great medical benefits if you need them. However, considering most employees don't stay to geriatric age, it's a waste if your young and healthy.

Cons

Most of upper management comes from no supervisory or leadership background so when it comes to begin a success leader, they truly flail.

Advice to Management

Lose your ego's. Understand that some of your employees can contribute. If you have a complaint with an employee, remember it's your organization who hired them in the first place.

"Okay to be honest"

I worked at Kaiser Permanente full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I would say Kaiser offers the BEST pay out there. You won't find any other job, beside government job, who will pay you lots of money.

Most job openings are internal hiring so that is really good.

You make good friends

Cons

Because they know you cannot find a job anywhere else with this pay, management can test you like crap. I had a boss who hated me and seriously drew me to quit.

I did not like answering phones all day, especially since lots of members will cuss you out.

Since they accept mediCal, so many patients will seriously treat you like you work for them, which technically you do.

Advice to Management

Lead your employees in a correct way. Don't abuse your power cause thy really makes your employees talk crap about you behind your back.